19464RE: [redhat] Which cmd is used to create a device driver if it were deleted?

  • Hyatt, Dan
    Mar 5, 2010
      If I understand the question correctly...

      It would either be

      Yum install driver_name

      Or

      Rpm -ipv driver_name.rpm

      Sometimes the driver still exists, and you just need to do a shutdown
      reconfigure (or am I thinking about solaris)

      There are times that you have to be more invasive in order to delete the
      old driver, such as deleting RedHat native device drivers for the iSCSI
      card.
      There is "deleting" the device driver where it will allow you to install
      a device driver that will be detected first, and there is DELETING the
      device driver where it cannot use the old device driver.

      Had a problem once with the iSCSI card being detected and loaded as a
      NIC, and even though we loaded the correct device drivers, we had to go
      back and delete RedHat native NIC drivers that were being detected by
      the device.