19311Re: [redhat] problem with partprobe

  • J
    Nov 6, 2009
      On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 10:00, fiyaz_87 <fiyaz_87@...> wrote:

      > i edited the partition table using fdisk /dev/sda and used the 'w' to write my changes.but when i
      > type partprobe,the terminal just gets stuck there.can anyone help me out??
      >
      > i am using RHEL5 server.

      Did you reboot first? If you use fdisk to edit partitions on a disk
      with live filesystems, you have to reboot before you can really do
      anything with it. Parted does not suffer from that limitation.

      I know partprobe is supposed to keep you from having to reboot, but if
      this is the disk with the root fs, there could be some weirdness going
      on.

      --

      Charles de Gaulle  - "The better I get to know men, the more I find
      myself loving dogs."