13276RE: [redhat] Help me setting conexant hsf modem

  • Lydiard
    Nov 1, 2003

      If they haven' done it already someone will be along to tell you that
      you shouldn't use a winmodem and that you should get a proper one. That
      said, some of us have no choice, (not practical ones and so my
      sympathies are with you).

      So, *assuming* you have downloaded the correct driver from conextant for
      *your kernel version* - I am not a linux geek, so I couldn't tell you if
      it's 2.x.x or 2.y.y. It's defiitely going to be above 2 though. If you
      haven't uninstall the rpm (with rpm -e packagename - not rpm -e
      packagename.rpm or anything else), and then download the correct one.

      Then read the man file for ln command.

      What you want to do is create a symbolic link from /dev/ttySHSF0 to
      /dev/modem. The command line is probably:

      ln -s /dev/modem /dev/ttySHSF0

      But don't take my word for read the man pages :)

      Lyd
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic