trails

  • denis diekhoff
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2001
      This link is from the BikeE list.

      http://www.mikebentley.com/bike/index.html

      <http://www.mikebentley.com/bike/index.html>

      denis

    • Tim Dunsworth
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29 7:03 AM
        Jeff,
        There is an off-road trail in that area, but unfortunately it starts in Hugo and goes north to Forest Lake and beyond, so it won't help you with this ride from Stillwater.
        Tim Dunsworth

        >>> "jeff.bird" <birdmanev@...> 05/28/05 3:08 PM >>>
        I have to go from stillwater to Hugo saturday to a family get together, I would like to use my recumbent. Any one familiar with that neck of the woods.If I have to drive too many roads I will take the car but i heard there was a nice trail over there. Any suggestions appreciated.
        bye , jeff

        MNHPVA & RECUMBENTS MINNESOTA
        Home Page: http://www.mnhpva.org
        Post message: mailto:RecumbentsMN@yahoogroups.com
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • jeff.bird
        Message 3 of 4 , May 28, 2005

          Message 4 of 4 , May 31, 2005
            WHERE THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAY,I took a Gateway Trail tributary from Stillwater to Whitebear Lake, then backroads to Hugo. 25 miles,50 miles round trip. Generaly speaking i dont like family parties but when i ride my recumbent, It becomes a destination and rest point for a bicycle ride. Which means I had a good time, some rest , and lots to eat .
            Sometimes my hobby seems like more then just fun, I bacame the talk of the party , everyone began to think about the way things are with gase and the economy. ,Even about their health . they balked when i said I paid $2,000 for the bike but when i said it was more like a car they were silent.
            happy trails jeff