Successful Article Marketers Help Readers Solve Problems

  • Bill Platt
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 16, 2012
      A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Bill Platt

      Article Title:
      Successful Article Marketers Help Readers Solve Problems

      Article Description:
      Every week, I have the opportunity to speak with people about the
      benefits and challenges of using article marketing to promote an
      online business. Article marketing is about getting your sales
      message in front of potential customers and to get links to your
      website. Many interpret this to mean that an article should
      directly promote a website within the article, but that approach
      is wrong and will reduce one's success using this methodology.

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2012-11-16 11:00:00

      Written By: Bill Platt
      Copyright: 2008-2012
      Contact Email: mailto:comments@...

      Bill Platt's Picture URL:
      http://thephantomwriters.com/x-images/bill_platt_80x105b.jpg

      For more free-reprint articles by Bill Platt, please visit:
      http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/bill-platt.html

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/solve-problems-marketing.shtml#get_code

      Successful Article Marketers Help Readers Solve Problems
      Copyright (c) 2008-2012 Bill Platt
      Writing Puzzle
      http://WritingPuzzle.com/

      Every week, I have the opportunity to speak with people about the
      benefits and challenges of using article marketing to promote an
      online business. Of course, article marketing is about getting
      your sales message in front of potential customers and to get
      links to your website, from the page where an article is posted
      online.

      Where most people get confused with article marketing is with the
      idea that "it is a method to promote one's website." Many
      interpret this to mean that an article should directly promote
      the writer's website within the article, but that approach is
      wrong and will reduce one's success using this methodology.

      Understanding The Overall Article Marketing Strategy

      Consider this. Television has been a successful advertising
      medium for more than six decades, because TV stations understand
      the importance of providing content to anchor the advertising. In
      every television hour, there are 42 minutes of content to provide
      an anchor for 18 minutes of advertising. People tune into the
      content out of a desire to receive the content, and they accept
      the advertising as a necessary price to pay in order to get the
      content for free.

      Article marketing works best when the writer emulates the
      television-advertising model, by anchoring a sales message to
      content that people want to consume.

      The role of article marketing is to capture an audience for the
      writer's website advertisement, which should be presented in the
      "resource box" / "about the author" information that appears
      in the paragraph immediately following the actual article. But,
      in order to capture that audience, an article needs to tell a
      story that publishers and webmasters desire to share with their
      readers.

      How To Capture An Audience

      When people ask me what they should write about in their
      articles, I always ask them a set of three questions to help them
      to define a successful strategy. Those three questions are as
      follows:

      1. What do you sell?

      2. Who is most likely to buy what you are selling?

      3. What types of problems are common to those people that you may
      be able to answer?

      Publishers and webmasters have a responsibility to their visitors
      to provide the kind of content that people actually "want" to
      read. I have heard publishers and webmasters state that if you
      want to sell to their readers, buy advertising. But if you were
      willing to teach something of value to their readers, then by all
      means, they would be happy to give you an advertisement in the
      "about the author" section at the end of your article, as
      payment for allowing them to share your information with their
      readers.

      So, if you want an audience for your website's sales message,
      you should strive to give publishers the kind of information that
      they would like to share with their readers. If you give readers
      what they want, publishers will be willing to give you what you
      want - a chance to share the story of your business with the
      publishers' readers and website visitors.

      Give Readers What They Want

      When people go to a search engine, a website, a newsletter or
      blog, people are looking for information that will help them to
      address a problem they face. In short, people go online to find
      solutions for problems.

      Since I desire to reach the people most likely to buy my products
      or services, I want to write content that will appeal directly to
      those people. When I sit down to write, I try to identify a
      problem that many people might have, and then I strive to locate
      and offer a solution to the problem.

      When publishers and webmasters agree that the problem addressed
      is real and my solution is sound, my articles find huge
      audiences.

      When my articles answer a reader's problem, my "about the
      author" information gets read. When my "about the author"
      information appeals to the reader, my website gets a new visitor.
      And for every new visitor my website gets, I have one more chance
      to sell my products and services to another potential client.

      In Closing

      There are certain people online, whose articles you have seen
      frequently on many websites and in some of your favorite
      newsletters. If you read those articles with an analytical eye,
      you will soon realize that what I tell you is true. Those people
      who put the focus of their articles on helping others to solve
      problems are the people whose articles are published most often
      and in the largest range of newsletters and websites.

      Article marketing works well for those of us who seek to help
      readers solve problems.

      For those who are looking to escape this tried-and-true method of
      article marketing, I wish you well. But I stand firm in the
      belief that if you put more focus on helping people solve more
      problems, you will benefit from article marketing in ways that
      other people can only dream.

      that teaches an important lesson about Google. Join the Online Business
      Insider's forum (http://writingpuzzle.com/pub/index.php) to directly ask me
      questions about Traffic Generation. Or, go to http://WritingPuzzle.com/
      to find my products for writers. Bill Platt has been marketing products &
      services online since 2001.

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/solve-problems-marketing.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Bill Platt can be reached at:
      comments@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:comments@...

      Article Marketing Ebook at:

      *
      *
      * realworld-advertising-articles@yahoogroups.com
      *

      ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

      are owned and operated by:

      Bill Platt
      3010 E Raintree
      Stillwater, Oklahoma USA 74074

      and opinion of its author, Bill Platt
      http://WritingPuzzle.com/

    • Bill Platt
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 24 10:00 AM
        A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Bill Platt

        Article Title:
        Successful Article Marketers Help Readers Solve Problems

        Article Description:
        Every week, I have the opportunity to speak with people about the
        benefits and challenges of using article marketing to promote an
        online business. Article marketing is about getting your sales
        message in front of potential customers and to get links to your
        website. Many interpret this to mean that an article should
        directly promote a website within the article, but that approach
        is wrong and will reduce one's success using this methodology.

        Additional Article Information:
        ===============================

        Distribution Date and Time: 2013-07-24 12:00:00

        Written By: Bill Platt
        Copyright: 2008-2013
        Contact Email: mailto:comments@...

        Bill Platt's Picture URL:
        http://thephantomwriters.com/x-images/bill_platt_80x105b.jpg

        For more free-reprint articles by Bill Platt, please visit:
        http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/bill-platt.html

        Versions Of Article Are Available at:
        http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/solve-problems-marketing.shtml#get_code

        Successful Article Marketers Help Readers Solve Problems
        Copyright (c) 2008-2013 Bill Platt
        Writing Puzzle
        http://WritingPuzzle.com/