Do You Want to Say Goodbye to Penny-Pinchers?

  • Scott Bywater
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2010
      A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Scott Bywater

      Article Title:
      Do You Want to Say Goodbye to Penny-Pinchers?

      Article Description:
      Let me tell you a story from my early days in business about
      the importance of getting the right customers.

      Additional Article Information:

      Distribution Date and Time: 2010-06-25 10:00:00

      Written By: Scott Bywater
      Copyright: 2010
      Contact Email: mailto:sbywater@...

      Scott Bywater's Picture URL:

      For more free-reprint articles by Scott Bywater, please visit:

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:

      Do You Want to Say Goodbye to Penny-Pinchers?
      Copyright (c) 2010 Scott Bywater
      Copywriting That SELLS

      Before I get going on today's rant, I have some good news.

      After sending out my email the other day about not recording the
      webinar, I received an email from one of my listeners in Penrith
      who had recorded it.

      They sent it to me. I uploaded it. And you can check it out at:

      Of course, you cannot ask me questions as the people on the live
      call did.

      Anyway, let me tell you a story from my early days in business
      about the importance of getting the right customers.

      When I first started out, I was clutching at straws.

      I was broke. I was desperate. And I was trying a lot of different
      things to see what worked.

      So since I had run a hairdressing salon I thought that was a good
      place to start.

      I would cold call these salons... go and meet with them...
      present... and try and clutch the sale.

      I met with a dozen salons.

      I made like one sale and had generated a grand total of a couple
      of hundred bucks from memory.

      Because the businesses I was calling on were totally unqualified.

      They had a business and they were a hairdressing salon. That's
      about it. So they didn't like the idea (and probably didn't
      have the money) of paying me for my services.

      Then I grabbed the phone directory. Looked for all of those
      companies who had quarter page advertisements.

      And called them.

      After meeting with three of them, I had made two sales.

      And one of the sales I made from targeting the phone directory
      advertisers became an ongoing client who was worth more than
      $50,000 to me.

      Similar presentation.

      Same salesperson.

      But I targeted the right customers. And that made all the

      They didn't penny-pinch because they were pre-qualified as being
      willing to invest funds into advertising.

      The others did because they weren't qualified.

      Chasing the wrong customers is the single biggest mistake people
      make in business.

      That's why I ran my webinar last week.

      And you can check it out here:

      Do it now because the special offer on the call expires at
      midnight tomorrow.

      What's more, when you listen to it, you are going to learn:

      * The best way to stay in touch with a customer to rutn them
      into a customer for life

      * The trick to avoiding the question about giving a discount or
      special deals

      * When to give up on somebody who is never going to use your

      * The best way to canvas for customers (should you use the
      internet, newspaper, direct mail or door knocking)

      * How to get the best leads

      * Does fax broadcasting work? And what are the drawbacks?

      * And much, much more

      Anyway, after returning from a long weekend there is work to be

      So let's hop to it.

      For quick results, you'll want to get your hands on this leading
      direct response copywriter's ebook "7 Ways To Get More Customers"
      at http://www.copywritingthatsells.com.au/ Scott Bywater shows
      you how to get all the customers you need in just 60 days. This
      popular ebook has been downloaded by over 8,247 business owners
      over the past five years. Packed with information, this ebook
      will show you copywriting and marketing strategies which could
      have you getting new clients within just a couple of days.

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Scott Bywater can be reached at:

      for Print Permission at:

      Article Marketing Ebook at:

      * realworld-advertising-articles@yahoogroups.com

      are owned and operated by:

      Bill Platt
      3010 E Raintree
      Stillwater, Oklahoma USA 74074

      and opinion of its author, Scott Bywater