Copywriting Secret #7: Hooking 'Em Back In!

  • Scott Bywater
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2007
      Free-Reprint Article Written by: Scott Bywater
      See Terms of Reprint Below.

      *
      *
      * realworld-advertising-articles@yahoogroups.com
      *

      This article has been distributed by:
      http://Article-Distribution.com

      Helpful Link:

      Article Title:
      ==============

      Copywriting Secret #7: Hooking 'Em Back In!

      Article Description:
      ====================

      You see, many people will skim through your ad or sales letter
      because they may be short on time. But, if something catches
      their eye, it will hook them back into your pitch.

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2007-12-03 14:00:00

      Written By: Scott Bywater
      Copyright: 2007
      Contact Email: mailto:sbywater@...

      Scott Bywater's Picture URL:
      http://www.copywritingthatsells.com.au/images/scott2.jpg

      For more free-reprint articles by Scott Bywater, please visit:
      http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/scott-bywater.html

      If you use this article on your website or in your ezine,
      We Want To Know About It. Use the following URL to let
      us know where you have used this article, and we will
      include a link to your website on thePhantomWriters.com:

      http://thephantomwriters.com/notify.php?id=5470&p=load

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/b/copywriting-secret-hook.shtml#get_code

      Copywriting Secret #7: Hooking 'Em Back In!
      Copyright (c) 2007 Scott Bywater
      Copywriting That SELLS
      http://www.copywritingthatsells.com.au

      People tend to read your ads and sales letters in 2 different
      ways:

      1. Word For Word, or

      2. Skim through it and see if anything catches their eye,

      Which is the exact reason why you should incorporate at least 2
      sub-headlines per page.

      You see, many people will skim through your ad or sales letter
      because they may be short on time. But, if something catches
      their eye, it will hook them back into your pitch.

      So how do you generate sub-headlines?

      Can you remember my suggestion in an earlier issue to write 30-50
      headlines? Well, of course as a result of this, you can only
      choose 1 headline.

      However, you'll find you have created a bundle of other ones you
      can use as sub-headlines.

      Nothing will help you understand this like an example. So let me
      give you one:

      Recently, I created a sales letter for one of my clients.

      Here's the opening line (before the headline): Discover the
      fortune that lies hidden in your salary.

      Here's the headline: "Here's A Quick And Easy Way To Get
      Started On YOUR Road To Real Estate Riches."

      And here are some of the sub-headlines:

      * Real Estate has been responsible for more millionaires over
      the last 60 years than any other form of investment!

      * It's a shame for you not to create financial freedom through
      Real Estate When These People Are Doing It So Easily

      * How the next 5 minutes can get you started on the road to
      financial freedom, so you can laugh at money worries in the years
      to come

      Think about it. If you were flicking through a sales letter and
      saw the headline:

      "How the next 5 minutes can get you started on the road to
      financial freedom, so you can laugh at money worries in the years
      to come."

      There's a good chance it hook you back into the copy, isn't
      there?

      Now I thought of the idea for every single one of these
      sub-headlines while in the process of writing the main one.

      So make sure you get busy writing those headlines ;)

      "Copywriting Selling Secrets" newsletter where you'll discover
      the truth about why most ads and sales letters don't work
      (And how to make yours different) scamper over to his
      web site at: http://www.copywritingthatsells.com.au

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/b/copywriting-secret-hook.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Scott Bywater can be reached at:
      sbywater@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:sbywater@...

      ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

      are owned and operated by Bill Platt of Stillwater, Oklahoma USA.

      and opinion of its author, Scott Bywater
      http://www.copywritingthatsells.com.au