Why I'm NOT 'The King Of Pay Per Clicks'

  • Willie Crawford
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2007
      Free-Reprint Article Written by: Willie Crawford
      See Terms of Reprint Below.

      *
      *
      * realworld-advertising-articles@yahoogroups.com
      *

      This article has been distributed by:
      http://Article-Distribution.com

      Helpful Link:

      Article Title:
      ==============

      Why I'm NOT 'The King Of Pay Per Clicks'

      Article Description:
      ====================

      When something works, why change it. When something isn't
      working, it's insane NOT to change it. Just that simple
      observation, properly responded to, will make you an online
      success. Now, it's time for you to do it!

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2007-10-11 11:36:00

      Written By: Willie Crawford
      Copyright: 2007
      Contact Email: mailto:willie@...

      For more free-reprint articles by Willie Crawford, please visit:
      http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/willie-crawford.html

      If you use this article on your website or in your ezine,
      We Want To Know About It. Use the following URL to let
      us know where you have used this article, and we will
      include a link to your website on thePhantomWriters.com:

      http://thephantomwriters.com/notify.php?id=5314&p=load

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/c/king-pay-per-clicks.shtml#get_code

      Why I'm NOT 'The King Of Pay Per Clicks'
      Copyright (c) 2007 Willie Crawford
      Willie Crawford Incorporated
      http://WillieCrawford.com/ezine.html

      Back in the Spring of 2003, I was at Joel Christopher's Master
      List Builder Workshop. Marlon Sanders was up speaking. We had
      never formally met, but Marlon had obviously read some of the
      things that I'd written on using pay per click advertising.

      Back then, I was heavily into pay per click advertising, and had
      even done TWO teleseminars with my friend Marty Foley on the
      topic. We called the teleseminars "Master The Pay Per Clicks."
      We recorded the teleseminars and sold those recordings for a long
      time. I still use the recordings from those teleseminars a few
      places because much of the information is timeless. Marty and I
      taught a lot of testing and tracking. What has changed most since
      then is primarily the rules and policies at the pay per clicks...
      and which search engines are the most important. We taught solid
      basics back then, and they still work.

      Anyway, as Marlon was doing his presentation, he spotted me in
      the audience, and used what I did as a simple, proven model of
      generating a steady flow of traffic to your website and
      converting it to sales.

      Back then, for every $1 that I invested in pay per click traffic,
      I generated $7 in profit. Not a bad return on investment!

      Marlon referred to me as "The King Of Pay Per Clicks" and asked
      me a few basic questions. I answered them, and Marlon proved his
      points.

      Actually, one of the points that I heard Marlon make that day was
      "Whatever they're buying, I'm Selling!" The lesson that I
      learned from Marlon there was, sell the items that your customers
      are looking for rather than what you'd like to sell them.

      In that same presentation, Marlon yelled, "Dead Ducks Don't
      Quack!" I understood his message there to be, if people aren't
      buying a product, then stop wasting your time and effort trying
      to sell it to them. People KNOW what they want.

      Just those two statements made that entire weekend worth the
      13-hour drive from Florida to San Antonio. I drove because I
      wanted to use the drive time as time to listen to a course that I
      had recently purchased. I did listen to the audio tapes in that
      course all the way to, and from, San Antonio... completely
      absorbing the course in the process.

      I absorbed and later applied what Marlon taught during that
      fateful presentation. I applied what I learned during that time
      spent in "Automobile U" ... the 26 hours driving back and forth
      between San Antonio. Both learning experiences shifted my think
      in major ways.

      Later that year, Ramon Williamson coached me and provided me with
      a lot of much needed direction. When I mentioned to him that
      Marlon had dubbed me as "The King Of Pay Per Clicks," he asked
      if I really wanted to be "pigeon holed" by that title.

      Ramon asked me to clarify what "I" wanted to be known for on
      the Internet marketing landscape. Back then, I decided that I
      really wanted to be a coach and a mentor. That's what I still
      get the greatest joy from doing online.

      So, while I did leverage the fact that an "Internet marketing
      icon" had dubbed me "The King Of Pay Per Clicks," I also took
      Ramon's advice to heart and distanced myself from the label.

      Today, as back then, I realize that without traffic to your
      website, your web business CANNOT be successful. You simply need
      visitors to a webpage who, upon arriving, take the desired
      action.

      Since the need for website traffic is so CRITICAL, back in 2003 I
      purchased the domain name "Website Traffic PhD." I had no idea
      what I was going to do with that domain, but I KNEW that not
      having enough website traffic was what "pained" most
      webmasters, and that if I could show them how to get an unlimited
      stream of website traffic, I had a product that they would trip
      over themselves to get.

      Marty Foley and I did discuss creating a joint product that would
      be an "encyclopedia" of proven methods of generating website
      traffic. Perhaps because I still hadn't learned enough back
      then, I didn't tackle a job that I didn't feel totally
      qualified for.

      I did nothing with that domain, and even allowed the name to
      expire, but later re-registered it.

      Back in December 2002, I first met John Reese at a seminar at
      Hawks Cay, down in The Florida Keys. That was at the same seminar
      where I first met Ramon Williamson and Marty Foley. Ramon, Marty
      and I all gave presentations.

      As time progressed, I got to know John better, and he and Ramon
      attended the very first seminar that I hosted. Ramon spoke, and
      John totally riveted attendees during conversations held in the
      back of the room during breaks (and at meals).

      John demonstrated his marketing savvy when in March of 2004, he
      conducted his sell-out, $4500 per seat, seminar on website
      traffic tactics. John leveraged that seminar into his Traffic
      Secrets Course, which made him $1 million in under a DAY! John
      validated for me that REALLY studying traffic generation, and
      then teaching others how to generate website traffics was an
      excellent use of my time.

      Between 1996 and today (11 years) I have studied just about every
      website traffic generation tactic imaginable. Over time, I
      learned which ones worked consistently "for me" (long-term)
      and which ones required the least expense and effort.

      Today, after sifting through what must be over 100 possible
      traffic generation tactics, I have just a few core tactics that I
      use and teach. I even have my "Top 10 Best Free Traffic
      Generation Techniques." Those are THE techniques that worked for
      me yesterday, and will work for me tomorrow, without my having to
      struggle staying up with the latest search engine tricks.

      I'd rather go fishing, or spend time playing with my grandchild,
      than spend countless hours chasing after the latest, usually very
      short-lived, search engine tricks.

      This strategy is so powerful, that on one site that I recently
      setup and promoted using my "Top 10 Free Traffic Generation
      Techniques" I generated over 1 million visitors in under 60
      days. Needless to say, the site is a success, and will earn me a
      nice income stream for a very long time. I like that model...
      build a website, plug in free traffic, make minor adjustments,
      and let the site make you money :-)

      In case you missed why I'm no longer "The King Of Pay Per
      Clicks," it's because it takes too much struggle! I prefer the
      long-term, very effective traffic generation tactics that I
      share with friends at: http://x-factortraffic.com/

      When something works, why change it. When something isn't
      working, it's insane NOT to change it. Just that simple
      observation, properly responded to, will make you an online
      success. Now, it's time for you to do it!

      Willie Crawford has been teaching others uncomplicated methods
      of building successful online businesses since 1996. Today, he
      does most of his teaching inside an exclusive membership site
      filled with other experts dedicated to uncovering the truth
      about how to succeed online. Join Willie and dozens of other
      "old-timers" at: http://TheInternetMarketingInnerCircle.com

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/c/king-pay-per-clicks.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Willie Crawford can be reached at:
      willie@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:willie@...

      ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

      are owned and operated by Bill Platt of Stillwater, Oklahoma USA.

      and opinion of its author, Willie Crawford
      http://WillieCrawford.com/ezine.html