The Winners Approach To Marketing: How Ordinary Companies Win The Marketing Game

  • Windsor Pennicott
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2005
      Free-Reprint Article Written by: Windsor Pennicott
      See Terms of Reprint Below.

      *
      *
      * realworld-advertising-articles@yahoogroups.com
      *

      This article has been distributed by:
      http://Article-Distribution.com

      Helpful Link:

      Article Title:
      ==============
      The Winners Approach To Marketing: How Ordinary Companies Win The Marketing Game

      Article Description:
      ====================
      You'll gain insight into the reasons one company has a marketing
      and sales process that improves itself and another has only chaos
      and instability.

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================
      Distribution Date and Time: Tue Nov 1 22:08:42 EST 2005

      Written By: Windsor Pennicott
      Copyright: 2005
      Contact Email: mailto:windsor.pennicott@...

      Article URL:
      http://www.virtualizeyourbiz.com/articles2/windsorpennicott-marketing.html

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Windsor_Pennicott

      The Winners Approach To Marketing: How Ordinary Companies Win The Marketing Game
      Copyright � 2005 Windsor Pennicott
      Useful Biz Tips
      http://www.UsefulBizTips.com

      Take two random companies �A� and �B�. They are both facing stiff
      competition and times are lean and the marketing and sales
      budgets are fixed in stone; how would they go about increasing
      sales revenue?

      The marketing manager from company �A� might try to convince the
      finance department to increase its budget or try to invoke a jolt
      of energy into the sales force via pep talks or threats to
      increase sales for the upcoming quarter.

      This approach, though it might work in the short-term, is
      generally very stressful and less predictable in the long-term.
      When quotas aren't met everyone usually begins to trade blame
      which leads to more frustrations.

      Is their another way?

      Enter the world where easy innovations are part of the job. They
      are simple because just about everyone can innovate with a few
      applications of their imagination.

      This is the process company �B� uses to thrive.

      So where would you go to find examples you could use as models?

      There are several sources. You could hop over to amazon.com or
      your favorite book store for any number of books on marketing and
      business innovation.

      For those who would like to get started immediately I have
      written a free booklet that provides examples of how these simple
      innovations are carried out. The booklet is titled �5 Cost-free
      Examples of Marketing and Sales Innovations That Can Increase
      Revenues By More Than 20%� and is available at
      http://www.UsefulBizTips.com

      Also, I recommend the book �Turn Your Imagination Into Money� by
      the late Ray Giles. It�s among the best books on marketing and
      sales innovation. It�s available at
      http://www.ImaginationBook.com for $29.95.

      The resources above will show that the solution to company �A�s�
      approach is a commitment to innovation that creates a hassle-free
      environment while improving sales.

      One might ask, why doesn't company �A� implement this approach?
      There are several reasons, such as ignorance of alternatives and
      ignorance of the ease with which a simple innovation program can
      be implemented.

      A marketing manager might state, I know it�s important to
      innovate but how do I get my employees to innovate and how much
      will it cost in time and real dollars? Other obstacles include
      employees who are reluctant to committing themselves to an
      innovation program. However, if the right incentives are in place
      few would object.

      Imagine if the sales manager had to lay off a few workers in a
      short while and were to say to them, if you can find a unique way
      to improve sales, then the additional revenues would help to
      justify to the higher-ups to keep everyone. In fact, this example
      was used in Giles book to show how quickly sales rose by 20% when
      one sales manager tried this approach. And best of all it didn't
      cost much - no money, only a little time. This is the kind of
      virtually-cost-free innovation that caused company �B� to excel.

      Company �B� excels because it�s committed to an innovations
      program and people will take innovation seriously if they realize
      that as innovation increases so does sales and so does their
      commissions and bonuses.

      So company �B� has a successful feedback mechanism where everyone
      wins. The company wins with additional revenues, the marketing
      manager wins with a bigger bonus, less headache and less pep talk
      and the sales force wins with greater commissions.

      Over time, company �B� will have well tested and highly optimized
      marketing and sales processes that yield great results. Aren't
      these the processes that every company wants? They can be
      implemented and best of all they are cost-free.

      Windsor Pennicott created the free ebooklet "5 Cost-Free Examples
      of Marketing and Sales Innovations That Can Increase Revenues By
      More Than 20%". Get your copy at http://www.UsefulBizTips.com

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: April 7, 2005)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Windsor Pennicott can be reached at:
      windsor.pennicott@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:windsor.pennicott@...

      ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

      and opinion of its author, Windsor Pennicott
      http://www.UsefulBizTips.com