Arrgh. . .Those Stupid Internet Marketing Cliches Are True!

  • Isaiah Hull
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2004
      Free-Reprint Article Written by: Isaiah Hull
      See Terms of Reprint Below.

      *
      *
      * realty-web-content@yahoogroups.com
      *

      Article Title: Arrgh. . .Those Stupid Internet Marketing Cliches Are True!
      Article Author: Isaiah Hull
      Article Copyright: 2004

      Article URL:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/h/internet-marketing-cliches.shtml

      Article Autoresponder:
      mailto:internet-marketing-cliches@...

      Author Contact Email:
      mailto:Houolol@...

      Formatted to 60 Characters per Line
      Word Count: 734 words

      This article was written by Isaiah Hull.

      The only role of http://thePhantomWriters.com and
      http://Article-Distribution.com is in the actual
      distribution of this article to you.

      At TPW, we are providing an additional free tool for
      webmasters who reprint the articles we distribute. If your
      software does not automatically hyperlink the URL's in your
      site copy, please use our Text-to-Hyperlink Conversion Tool
      to convert all URL's and Mailto addresses to the required
      hyperlinked format:

      http://thephantomwriters.com/link-builder.pl

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules

      This is a Free-Reprint article. The only requirements for
      publishing this article are:

      * You must leave the article and resource box unedited. You are
      not allowed to change our recommendations, nor are you allowed
      to change the context of the article.

      * You may not use this article in UCE (Unsolicited Commercial Email).
      Email distribution of this article MUST be opt-in email only.

      * We ask that you forward a copy of the ezine or newsletter
      that contains the article inside to the author at:
      mailto:Houolol@...

      * If you post this article on a website, you MUST set any URL's
      or Mailto addresses in the body of the article and most
      especially in the Author's Resource Box as hyperlinks. We
      request that you also send us a copy of the URL where you
      have posted this article.

      We are providing free Text-to-Hyperlink Conversion Tool for
      webmasters who need an easy way to convert the plain text in
      this article to hyperlinks where required, for the purpose of
      meeting our hyperlink requirements:

      http://thephantomwriters.com/link-builder.pl

      If you find any of the rules to be unsavory or unacceptable, please
      do not publish this article. While we are happy to make the content
      available to you for your own use, we must insist on having our rules
      and *Terms of Reprint* honored in full.

      Arrgh. . .Those Stupid Internet Marketing Cliches Are True!
      Copyright � 2004 Isaiah Hull
      Work at Home Right Now
      http://www.workathomerightnow.net

      If you have read any internet marketing resource
      ever created, you have no doubt seen simple, one
      sentence, pot-shot solutions to all of your problems:
      You will only be successful if you think you are
      successful. You will make money if you work hard.
      Think outside of the box. Content is king!

      . . .If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

      How can this possibly help me, you think. These people
      are just crack-pots! They do not actually have any real
      help to offer me--just general advice, which really
      has no practical implications for me and for my business.

      This is exactly what I thought and this is now what I see
      newer marketers and affiliates saying. I was always
      skeptical of general advice. I thought success stories that
      ended with an exhortation to "work hard" and "make plans"
      and "think outside of the box" were just plain worthless.

      What I now know (what I have learned as I slowly became more
      successful) is that this "common wisdom"--which I initially
      regarded as foolish and too unspecific--was actually the
      best advice available on the internet and it didn't even
      cost me money.

      These simple cliches make up the best possible over-arching
      structure of complex business and marketing plans. They
      arbitrate the decisions of the most successful internet
      marketers. And when marketers decide to be short-sighted
      and deny these cliches for quicker returns, they
      are smacked-down and brought to reality or ruin by the
      manifestation of these cliches.

      As someone who has received many brutal, unrelenting
      smack-downs from the Internet, I can verify this.

      So what is it about these cliches that give them such
      universal, lasting truth?--They ignore hype. They ignore
      nuance. They don't marry a fad. And most importantly,
      they are results-oriented.

      They don't give you the specifics. They tell you what to
      focus on--broadly--and allow you to find the best way to
      nuance, build, and strengthen that simple concept,
      which ultimately should to be your choice, anyway. Just
      think: if we all tried to occupy the same niches,
      optimize for the same keywords, and advertise on the same
      sites, then none of us would be making money (and this is
      actually why quite a few of us do not make money).

      If you create an ebusiness according to these simple
      cliches, you will not become wildly successful overnight.
      You will not find that silver bullet to turn everything
      around. You will simply create a solid, practical business
      with linear increases that achieves realistic outcomes
      and will one day--with enough work--become that
      profit-pulling empire you have dreamed of since day one.

      That's great. But how do I apply these ethereal parcels
      of "wisdom" to my real ebusiness?--Through structural
      adjustments and long-term planning, the two most
      important parts of building a successful, long-term
      internet business.

      Unfortunately, too many new internet marketers--in their
      eagerness to see immediate results--refuse to plan
      anything. Instead, they rush forward, purchasing products
      and services and piles of nonsense that, no matter how good
      they are, cannot be useful unless implemented within a
      solid business plan.

      They get frustrated. They give up. They fail.

      Other internet marketers, weary of trying new plans,
      constantly pound away on unprofitable ideas that also
      will never achieve long-term results. They purchase
      thousands of clicks, impressions, and guaranteed
      visitors. They never remake the amount they spent
      on advertising.

      They get frustrated. They give up. They fail.

      They never sit down and create plans. They never
      follow up with those plans and revise them as they
      go. They make no structural adjustments to their
      businesses to reflect their successes and failures.

      They react to everything immediately or just stagnate
      altogether.

      But you are different. You will no longer do this.
      You know that content really is king. And that if
      you want to succeed, you really must work hard.

      You know that when you make a new product, you
      had better be thinking outside of the box or else
      you will be smacked-down by those stupid
      cliches that make you cringe whenever someone repeats
      them.

      So set goals and try to achieve them. Make your
      business results-oriented. Stop hinging your entire
      internet business career on a single marketing fad.
      Don't count your e-chickens before they hatch!

      . . .And most importantly of all, always remember:
      if you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

      Resource Box:
      Isaiah Hull is a widely-published business tips writer,
      a professional internet marketer, an affiliate program
      PTL, and the publisher of two ebusiness and marketing
      training courses. Hull earns an income by training
      ordinary people to use simple, replicable, step-by-step
      plans to earn any amount of income on the internet. One
      such plan and a can be found at the following URL on his
      website: http://www.workathomerightnow.net

      For more articles by this author, please visit:

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Isaiah_Hull