New Yahoogroup "RefrigeratorAlternatives"

  • LarenCorie
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2005
      Due to the amount of interest in this subject
      throughout Yahoogroups, and the absence of
      a central forum and archive for information, I
      have set-up a new group, and will be archiving
      all of the pertinent material I can find. If you
      have an interest in this subject, please join in
      the effort. Here is a link:

      -Laren Corie-
      Integral Solar Building Design Since 1975

      - LittleHouses-
      Everything To Do With Little Houses
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LittleHouses

      The Energy Self-Sufficiency Newsletter
      Now available for free download at:
      www.rebelwolf.com

      - WoodGas -
      Generate Electricity from firewood.
      Build a WoodGas stove in an hour
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WoodGas
    • murdoch_1998
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2005
        Interesting, and worthwhile. On your home page description, I don't
        see discussion of thermoelectric cooling methods which use
        the "Peltier Effect". I was just researching that yesterday, so I
        suggest you might incorporate that into your discussions, which is
        not at all to discount the value and impressiveness of the other
        alternative methods you are looking at.

        MM

        --- In re4amodular@yahoogroups.com, "LarenCorie" <larencorie@a...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 7, 2005
          "murdoch_1998" <murdoch@...>

          > Interesting, and worthwhile. On your home page description, I don't
          > see discussion of thermoelectric cooling methods which use
          > the "Peltier Effect". I was just researching that yesterday, so I
          > suggest you might incorporate that into your discussions, which is
          > not at all to discount the value and impressiveness of the other
          > alternative methods you are looking at.

          Hi MM;

          Actually, it has already been discussed in a couple of posts.
          I own two Peltier coolers, myself. There are places where
          they are an excellent option. Unfortunately, it is far from an
          energy efficient technology, so it offers no real improvement
          on the standard compressor refrigerator, except for small,
          light weight applications, like portable coolers, personal point
          cooling, even cooling thermoses, but not fixed refrigerators,
          where heavier weight systems, like compressors or thermal
          mass can be used. It is amazing, how many cooling systems
          there are to choose from. Many from a hundred years ago,
          are now being re-investigated, and improved.

          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RefrigeratorAlternatives