RCA Microsystems: Microboards Development Systems Software

  • Matthew Mikolay
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 17, 2008
      I just thought you all might like to know that I just purchased a new
      book. It's titled "RCA Microsystems: Microboards, Development Systems,
      Software," published directly by RCA, and contains tons of
      information, schematics, instructions, and diagrams on the operation
      of microchips and other peripherals in the CDP1800 family.
      Unfortunately, the PIXIE chip does not seem to be detailed in this
      book, but there is a ton of other information on chips in the COSMAC
      series.

      If anyone would like any diagrams or schematics from this six hundred
      page book, don't hesitate to ask!

      ~Matt
    • Marcel van Tongeren
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 20, 2008
        Hi Matt,

        Sounds very interesting! Do you know if there are any details on the
        CDP 1869/1870 in your book? Specifically I'm looking for more details on
        what they call the 'Bit Map Operation' in the data sheet. The data
        sheet is very vague about how to use this.

        Cheers, Marcel.

        --- In rcacosmac@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Mikolay" <mikolaym@...>
        wrote:

        > I just thought you all might like to know that I just purchased a new
        > book. It's titled "RCA Microsystems: Microboards, Development Systems,
        > Software," published directly by RCA, and contains tons of
        > information, schematics, instructions, and diagrams on the operation
        > of microchips and other peripherals in the CDP1800 family.
        > Unfortunately, the PIXIE chip does not seem to be detailed in this
        > book, but there is a ton of other information on chips in the COSMAC
        > series.
        >
        > If anyone would like any diagrams or schematics from this six hundred
        > page book, don't hesitate to ask!
        >
        > ~Matt

      • Matthew Mikolay
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 27, 2008
          Sorry for the late response, the holidays have been crazy.

          If you could tell me a little bit more about what the CDP 1869/1870
          exactly was, I might be able to look more deeply in the book. It's not
          organized too well. :-/

          --- In rcacosmac@yahoogroups.com, "Marcel van Tongeren"