Re: Vip Video

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 26, 2013
      --- In rcacosmac@yahoogroups.com, "DougCrawford" <touchetek@...> wrote:

      > Thanks very much for the analysis Josh!
      > It was a good puzzle figuring out how to build this
      > on top so that it was physically stable and free of
      > shorting possibilities. I was pretty happy with
      > the result.

      Yes, it looks very good sitting on top of the PCB there.
      If you have some flux remover or 99% alcohol, you can clean just that area with a Q-Tip.

      > I think I will leave it alone for now though. There is only
      > a little bit of what looks like overdrive... some vertical line
      > artifacts across the screen at regular intervals. Not
      > enough to really bother me and it might be the monitor's problem.

      I agree, "Working" is good enough. Sometimes, I spend hours tracking down little glitches, and later regret wasting so much time when there are so many other fun projects that need attention.

      :)J
    • DougCrawford
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 27, 2013
        >If you have some flux remover or 99% alcohol, you can clean just that area with a Q-Tip.

        Yes as I looked back at the pics it occurred to me how nasty that flux looked. All done, thanks!