Re: [rcacosmac] Re: RCA Studio Interest over at Atari Age

  • Paul Robson
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 19, 2013
      On 19/03/13 14:58, et3400 wrote:

      The one thing that I don't like about the idea is that most of the multicart proposals over the years include trashing existing Studio II carts or housings to make the mulicart cases. Since I only have two actual RCA cartridges, I don't like that idea. They are not common enough to waste. It will drive prices up for no good reason on both the games and the console, and serve the needs/wants of only a few collectors in the process.
      I'm surprised at that. Seems a bit pointless.

      Maybe the solution is to make it small enough to fit in an S2 case for those that want it (opening these isn't easy !) or just as a bare board.
    • et3400
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 19, 2013
        Maybe a small flash rom inside the S2 would open this up for the homebrews? Possibly beyond novice ability to install, and then there are many who would not want to modify their console. I have 1802 code somewhere for the kansas city tape standard, a basic plain card with rom/ram combo that plugged in the cartridge slot could almost be used as a "cuttle cart" if a suitable wav was played into it? All these ideas...