Re: Working VIP II!

  • josephjohnblackburn
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2012
      Hi, Ed The web photos look great!

      I noticed you had a copy of the Floating Point Basic manual and a cassette.
      Several of us had been trying hard to resurect a working copy of it from my original RCA cassette, but I think my tape got damaged over time.

      If you do have a readable tape, could you post a WAV file so we give it a try?

      Joe Blackburn

      --- In rcacosmac@yahoogroups.com, "mattmik" <mikolaym@...> wrote:

      > Hey Ed!
      >
      > Thanks for sharing! This is very impressive. Nice work. It's great to see a VIP II, even if just a replica, up and running. There's so little information on this machine.
      >
      > Thanks!
      > mattmik
      >
      > --- In rcacosmac@yahoogroups.com, "ekeefe8051" <ekeefe8051@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > I have been working on a project for a few months now. I have built a VIP II. It closely follows the proposed specifications for the computer that was to be released by RCA in the 1980s.
      > >
      > > It has the following features:
      > >
      > > Full Floating Point BASIC in EEPROM
      > > 32K RAM
      > > Color video with 1K of memory
      > > Sound
      > > Full keyboard
      > > Hex keypad
      > > Cassette interface with remote motor control
      > > 2 player game port
      > > Expansion port
      > >
      > > It can operate as an original RCA COSMAC VIP or as a fully functional VIP II.
      > >
      > > I just posted details about it on my website: http://www.cosmacvip.com
      > >
      > > Please let me know what you think.
      > >
      > > ED

    • josephjohnblackburn
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 27, 2012
        Wow! Looks like you went through a lot of work to get there, but was well worth the effort!
        The final result result looks great!