Re: A Final VIPER Issue

  • mattmik
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1 4:14 PM
      Hey Bill!

      Thanks for the suggestions! We can always use a hand when it comes to editing and formatting. I'm sure I'll be contacting you in the future.

      In regard to an actual print publication, it's definitely something that will be considered. I, too, enjoy the feel of actual content in my hands. Right now, it's not something to worry about, but once the issue is a complete, we will definitely consider publication services like MagCloud and LuLu.

      Thanks!
      mattmik

      --- In rcacosmac@yahoogroups.com, "Bee Dee" <bd@...> wrote:
      > I'm not a VIP'er, but I'm interested in anything 1802.
      > I could maybe help edit it. (spelling, typos, etc.)
      > I also have some minimal design and graphics skillz.
    • dddiceman
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2 7:43 AM
        Well, I could contribute a bit about my power saving mods to the VIP.

        --- In rcacosmac@yahoogroups.com, "mattmik" <mikolaym@...> wrote:

        > Hey all!
        >
        > I hope everyone had a happy holiday. As the new year is about to begin, I would like to propose the idea of publishing one final issue of VIPER, a conclusive issue of sorts, to sum everything up. It would be nice for us to work together as group to create this issue as a sort of commemoration, to show that there still is a strong hobbyist community for the VIP, and to honor the style of newsletter which once tied hobbyists together before the internet took over.
        >
        > I have discussed this idea with Ray Sills (former editor of VIPER), and he, too, believes it would be a nice thing to do. I've thought of a couple of ideas as to content, but I strongly encourage the members of this group to submit articles or writings. If you have any idea for something you'd like to see or write in the issue, please feel free to email me.
        >
        > I will keep the group updated as the final issue comes together. Please be aware that the completion of this issue might take quite some time. Right now, I believe that the best way to distribute this issue would be as a downloadable PDF. That being said, if enough members are interested in acquiring print copies upon the issue's completion, we can later discuss producing a limit run...
        >
        > Thank you!
        > mattmik

      • Bee Dee
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2 3:18 PM
          You do have to worry about formatting, since these things usually
          require a specific format to work. (or work well or look good)

          It's usually not as easy as just printing a PDF to hardcopy. (which
          anyone can do to their local printer, but you get a printed PDF, not
          a "magazine" or whatever)

          --- In rcacosmac@yahoogroups.com, "mattmik" <mikolaym@...> wrote:

          > Hey Bill!
          >
          > Thanks for the suggestions! We can always use a hand when it comes to editing and formatting. I'm sure I'll be contacting you in the future.
          >
          > In regard to an actual print publication, it's definitely something that will be considered. I, too, enjoy the feel of actual content in my hands. Right now, it's not something to worry about, but once the issue is a complete, we will definitely consider publication services like MagCloud and LuLu.
          >
          > Thanks!
          > mattmik
          >
          > --- In rcacosmac@yahoogroups.com, "Bee Dee" <bd@> wrote:
          > > I'm not a VIP'er, but I'm interested in anything 1802.
          > > I could maybe help edit it. (spelling, typos, etc.)
          > > I also have some minimal design and graphics skillz.

        • Ken Willmott
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3 10:41 AM
            Bill, was this intended for Matt?