Harris CDP1806 upgrade

  • dddiceman
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2011
      FYI, it is possible to substitute the CDP1806ACE for the 1802 processor on the VIP. It is directly pin compatible and I tested one in the processor socket. They are available at a reasonable price from Kikitronic on Ebay. The auction number is 270614733217 (no affiliation, just a satisfied buyer of 3 units :)

      The 1806 has an expanded instruction set, backwards compatible with the 1802.