Re: New Game "Rocket" Uploaded

  • Marcel van Tongeren
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2008
      Hi there,

      Matt, thanks for posting the listing!

      Managed to do some tracing and found the typo: 025E should be 81A4 as
      you had in the listing but in the file it was 81AF. With this change it
      runs fine on my emulator (www.comxclub.nl).

      I suppose Fish 'N' Chips emulated the Chip 8 and not the VIP/1802 and
      as such didn't mess up in the same way....

      I also uploaded the corrected file in the Files section.

      Cheers, Marcel.
    • Matthew Mikolay
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2008
        Oops, that would be my fault. I must have made a mistake when I typed the game out. Sorry, and thanks for correcting it!

        It still doesn't work on the emulator I'm using, but that's probably because it's not the best emulator ever.

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2008
          --- In rcacosmac@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Mikolay <mikolaym@...> wrote:

          > Oops, that would be my fault. I must have made a mistake when I typed
          the game out. Sorry, and thanks for correcting it!

          > It still doesn't work on the emulator I'm using, but that's probably
          because it's not the best emulator ever.

          No problem!

          And you can always try my emulator: http://www.comxclub.hobby-
          site.com/COMX-Club_Emulator.htm. Current version stored is 0.9.9v (it
          states 0.9.9s on the site bit it is version v...), I expect to have a
          0.9.9w version ready soon which includes support for the VP590 and
          VP595 boards.....

          Cheers, Marcel.
        • Matthew Mikolay
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 2, 2008
            I just tried out your emulator, it's great! The best one I've used yet.

            How did you implement the custom clock speed? I haven't been able to figure it out. I'm slowly writing my own little emulator just for CHIP-8.

            Thanks!
            ~Matt

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 2, 2008
              Hi Matt,

              Thanks, glad you like it!

              I based my emu on Mikes emulator,
              better 'well stolen' than 'bad designed'!
              Haha, no I got an ok fromMike. Still the
              code has changed 90%.

              As I emulate the 1802 cpu I can count
              the number of machine cycles (2 or 3
              per instruction) that need to be executed
              iin a certain amount of time. After this is
              done the emu just waits. This is the
              simpel explanation, if you need more lets
              email off line.

              Off course if you emulate chip 8 it might
              actually be more difficult, i.e. how long is
              1 chip 8 instruction?!

              Cheers, Marcel