535Re: [rcacosmac] RE: Happy 37th anniversary to the RCA Studio II

  • Jose Monzon
    Jan 11, 2014
      Wow Ed, this is very impressive!!! I have very little electronics knowledge, but I appreciate you scanning the PCB and drawing up your own schematic. This is invaluable to RCA Studio II history. The RCA Studio II you built looks very impressive. I like that you made it into a multi-cart and with video out, very handy. What sort of case are you putting it in?

      On Thursday, January 9, 2014 8:26 AM, "ekeefe8051@..." <ekeefe8051@...> wrote:

      Hello,

      Thanks!

      You are correct, the Studio II used a TA10171V1 video chip. This was the preliminary part number. It is the same as the CDP1861.

      The numbering was also used for both of the CDP1801 chips. They were:

      TA6889 - CDP1801CUD
      TA6890 - CDP1801CRD

      I used the CDP1861 chip because I happen to have a couple on hand.

      I have also made a CDP1861 replacement. You can see it here:

      http://www.cosmacvip.com/avi1861/avi1861.html

      If you have other questions, feel free to ask.

      ED

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic