      From: rcacosmac@yahoogroups.com [mailto:rcacosmac@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ekeefe8051@...
      Sent: Thursday, 9 January 2014 4:31 AM
      To: rcacosmac@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [rcacosmac] RE: Happy 37th anniversary to the RCA Studio II

      Hello,

      Happy anniversary RCA Studio II!

      In honor of this occasion, I would like to share some information I have on the RCA Studio II.

      I had a non-working unit so I decided to remove all the components from the PCB and scan both sides. I used a hot-air rework station to remove the parts. I didn't care about delaminating or scorching the board. I just wanted a clear image of the traces.

      Here are huge (20meg) images of the Studio II PCB I scanned:

      http://www.avionline.com/rca_studio_ii/RCA_Studio_II_PCB_TOP.jpg

      http://www.avionline.com/rca_studio_ii/RCA_Studio_II_PCB_BOTTOM.jpg

      From this I drew up a schematic of the board. I then used an ohm meter to verify my drawing.

      Here is the schematic I drew, with no RF section:

      http://www.avionline.com/rca_studio_ii/RCA_Studio_II_Schematic.pdf

      Here is the service manual for the Studio II (found this one on the net):

      http://www.avionline.com/rca_studio_ii/RCA_Studio_II_Service_Manual.pdf

      I redesigned the circuit and built my own Studio II. It is sort of a multi-cart version. I have a little 16-position rotary switch that selects which "Cart" to run. It is limited to 1K cartridges however. It has 32K of ROM and 32K of RAM. I did this only because I use these chips quite often and have a bunch of them. My board does not have an RF section, only a video out.

      Here is a picture of the Studio II I built:

      http://www.avionline.com/rca_studio_ii/AVI_Studio_II.jpg

      I hope you find this helpful. If you have questions, please ask.

      ED

      No virus found in this message.