523Re: Vip Video

  • DougCrawford
    Jul 24, 2013
      My VIP had sync issues also with all my available monitors but one apparently very forgiving professional video monitor.
      I did the modification with the transistor and it now syncs with an LCD monitor which previously did not work.

      I used an MPS222A from Radio Shack instead of a 2N2222 because it was available. On the output let I also substituted 47 ohm and 220 ohm as close enough.

      Here's photos of the result and the mod, done topside fairly cleanly.

      Amplitude of the sync pulse is about 1v.

      QUESTION: What resister value change would bring reduce the amplitude slightly?

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic