509Re: Vip Video

  • joshbensadon
    May 17, 2013
      Hi Doug,

      The Televideo 920 is a nice looking terminal, it would be a shame to not use it as a sort of "Super VIP". You just need to add some keyboard interface and put some ELF Basic into ROM :)
      Lot's of good projects... not enough time, I'm facing the same dilemma here.
      I think the 1881 chip makes a good sync separator, but if you want to do it using only 74LS chips, I built a circuit that does just that... I'll just need to draw it for you as it's still on the bread board.

      :)J

      --- In rcacosmac@yahoogroups.com, "DougCrawford" <touchetek@...> wrote:

      > --- In rcacosmac@yahoogroups.com, "chucko205" <chucko205@> wrote:
      > >
      > > My Cosmac Vip signals the sound and Q light ok but no video, tried the video chip in a studio 2 and it works fine, signal out is above 0.5(appx 1.0) volts, sending to comp input on new led tv, could tv be a problem?
      > >

      > This was an interesting thread; thanks everyone for the participation. My VIP had the same issue; I went thru a few monitors till I found
      > one that would sync.
      >
      > I have a televideo 920 termininal sans main board and was thinking
      > of putting the VIP into the terminal... hooking up the video using a sync separator to the televideo signals. Didn't get to it (yet?)
      > but its comforting to know I can improve the video in this way... I didn't know if it was a level or timing issue. Nows I (we) do!

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic