Packaging

  • phoebe5uk
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2005
      Hi Chris,

      When I and my friends send our finished items to you, we pack each
      item or set in a clear plastic bag, but it suddenly occurred to me
      that you might prefer it another way.

      We join pairs of bootees and mittens together with a single strand of
      yarn, but should we pack them in individual bags? And would you like
      them marked with their size, either actual or 'to fit'?

      If there's any way we can make it easier for you, just say and we'll
      do it. After all, it must be quite a job sorting everything out when
      you receive it!

      Cheers, Chris.
    • Christine Cooper
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2005
        Hi Chris, Thanks for asking. Its easier for us if sets are
        together with the items incuded all stitched as you do with
        wool. Loose mitts, bootees etc are always better if joined
        ( if not we have to do it). Dont worry about plastic bags.
        If the sets go as Christmas sets then they are bagged. If
        not everything is checked for seams etc. Yours are always
        fine but we do get unsuitable things we may not notice if
        bagged. People do things in all kindeness but eg

        We had about 20 ventilator hats from one lady, lovely knit
        ribbon threaded through holes instead of sewn on ( soon
        corrected , we pull them out and sew them on BUT she had
        used little fancy animal buttons on the top with a shank.
        Looked nice but not safe .Ye olde shirt buttons are much
        better.

        Again with bonnets we often get rosettes with ribbon and
        even rose buds sewn on where they lie on. Look nice but
        their skin is far too delicate. Only of use if baby did not
        make it. I think this is why some hospitals say no hats/
        bonnets with buttons. The same goes for cardies flatter
        ones are best on the smaller ones. I had a lady once who
        sews beautiful baby grows for neo natal wear. She sent me
        some for my comments. Again very well made but she had put
        tiny bows with a pearl button in side on them as a
        decoration. just the thing to go up babies nose. When I
        pointed out she said Oh right I,ll just put them on the
        bootees!!!!!. We do not complain though because people like
        yourselves are so very kind. I have sent off some things to
        Barnet General in Hertfordshire las week. Just waiting for
        their comments.

        Chris

      • phoebe5uk
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 5, 2005
          Hi Chris,

          Thanks for all the info on what you want and what's not suitable.
          There were several things there that I hadn't thought of, and I guess
          that by not putting things in bags, we don't need to 'size' them
          because you can see what size they are.

          I must confess that I've been guilty of sewing rosebuds on top of
          where I've sewn the ribbons on to bonnets, simply to make it look
          neater, but I'll know not to do it again. It really sounds as if the
          plainer the better, especially for everyday use, rather than going
          home. And it'll save a few pennies, too!

          Cheers, Chris.