Tiny bonnets

  • Mary
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 7, 2007
      Hello Christine
      Can you give me the web address for the micro-preemie bonnet, in
      crochet, which you were asking for a while ago. I was telling the
      members at our knitting club about the items which are useful for you,
      and one member hasasked for the pattern for these tiny bonnets - sounds
      like something she could do to pass the long evenings until she can get
      out into the garden again.
      Mary
    • karengburton
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 11, 2008
        Hi there,
        Have had a go at crocheting some micro-preemie bonnets from the
        patterns on the Ray of Hope site. Have to admit that my knitting
        skills are far better than my crocheting ones. Does anyone have a
        pattern for a knitted bonnet that would be small enough, i.e. would
        fit a golf ball?

        thanks

        Karen B
      • phoebe5uk
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 16, 2008
          Yes, Karen, I have two which I worked out last year (I think!)
          I've sent them to you direct but if anyone else would like them, just
          ask. There aren't any photos but I think you know what a bonnet looks
          like ;0)

          Cheers, Chirs, Stourbridge.
        • Anni Cameron
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 16, 2008
            Hi Karen, I "translated" a crochet pattern for itty bitty hats into
            knitting last year, here's the link to the pattern
            http://tinyurl.com/5ugqqf
            If you don't "do" circular needles or double points, just add an extra
            stitch either end and work back and forth slipping the first stitch so
            you hvae a smooth edge to sew up along.

            karengburton wrote:
            > Hi there,
            > Have had a go at crocheting some micro-preemie bonnets from the
            > patterns on the Ray of Hope site. Have to admit that my knitting
            > skills are far better than my crocheting ones. Does anyone have a
            > pattern for a knitted bonnet that would be small enough, i.e. would
            > fit a golf ball?
            >
            > thanks
            >
            > Karen B

          • icemaiden316

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 16, 2008
                Could I have the pattern also please.

                Thank you

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 16, 2008
                  Chris

                  I'd like the patterns too please. My crochet is not that great but I'd
                  love to be able to make some as they unfortunately seem to be in demand.

                  Cheers

                  Steph
                • karengburton
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 17, 2008
                    Thanks Chris. I'm on holiday this week but will check out the pattern
                    you have sent as soon as I get home and can access my e-mail.
                    Thanks again,
                    Karen B