Blankets

  • phoebe5uk
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 2006
      I know I've been a long time asking this, but did I read it right when
      you asked for 10" or 12" blankets, Chris? I've only just realised that
      we usually make them about 24" square and 12" looks awfully small to me.

      I've had another two parcels of yarn this week from the advert I put in
      Simply Knitting and that makes 15 in all. Wow! No excuses now for
      nothing to do on the long winter evenings!

      Hugs, Chris, Stourbridge.
    • Kathleen O'Brien
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 7, 2006
        Hello Chris,
          I hope this message gets through as the last one came back to me.

        I posted 2 parcels today of white 6" pockets and cards
        best wishes from Kath

        Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Yahoo! Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...
      • Christine
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 9, 2008
          Hi Angie,
          Thank you for doing hats. Blankets we use any size from 10" square for
          tinies who do not make it to 24" square approx for the neonatal wards.
          At the moment to be honest it is the bob hats we are very short of.

          Best wishes
          Christine
        • greydove
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 9, 2008
            Thanks Christine,

            If you are wondering why I'm asking, some of the Ladies who are knitting the bob hats did them incorrectly.  Don't ask me how as it's taken quite a while to get them to knit them the right way lol.  I've got a pile of gone wrong hats that could be used as blankets.  One lady knitted over 16 in three days.  She doing them correctly now and I will have the pleasure of sewing them up.  Can't even estimate how many hats she could have knitted in the past  8 days.  Lot's I hope as you need them so badly.

            Ann, as you are trying to get a large project off the ground and finished, I will sort the squares - oblongs I should really say - out myself.  Thanks for the offer.

            Angie

            Christine <chrisrayofhope@...> wrote:
            Hi Angie,
            Thank you for doing hats. Blankets we use any size from 10" square for
            tinies who do not make it to 24" square approx for the neonatal wards.
            At the moment to be honest it is the bob hats we are very short of.

            Best wishes
            Christine

          • ann313463
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 11, 2008
              Many thanks Angie.I meant to mail you about doing the squares and ask
              if you minded if I didnt do them.I also hope my tips to you on
              writing down the row by row for the bob hats helped the ladies.
              So far my family project is going surprisingly well.
              Hugs Ann D.

              greydove <angcass@...> wrote:

              > Thanks Christine,
              >
              > If you are wondering why I'm asking, some of the Ladies who are
              knitting the bob hats did them incorrectly. Don't ask me how as it's
              taken quite a while to get them to knit them the right way lol. I've
              got a pile of gone wrong hats that could be used as blankets. One
              lady knitted over 16 in three days. She doing them correctly now and
              I will have the pleasure of sewing them up. Can't even estimate how
              many hats she could have knitted in the past 8 days. Lot's I hope
              as you need them so badly.

              > Ann, as you are trying to get a large project off the ground and
              finished, I will sort the squares - oblongs I should really say - out
              myself. Thanks for the offer.

              > Angie
              >
              > Christine <chrisrayofhope@...> wrote:
              > Hi Angie,
              > Thank you for doing hats. Blankets we use any size from 10" square
              for
              > tinies who do not make it to 24" square approx for the neonatal
              wards.
              > At the moment to be honest it is the bob hats we are very short of.
              >
              > Best wishes
              > Christine

            • margaretindevon
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 15, 2010
                I would like to make some fleece blankets for the cots/cribs for the babies in hospital. I thought I would get some patterned fleece and bind the edges with a cotton fabric, either patterned or plain.

                Could you tell me if these are acceptable, and what finished size I need to make them please?

                Also is a single layer of fleece OK or would I need to have a double layer of fleece or a cotton lining to it?

                I also do simple patchwork quilts. Again what size would be acceptable? These obviously have a cotton backing to them, but what weight of quilt batting would I use please?

                Thanks for your help.
                Margaret
              • Christine
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 16, 2010
                  Hello Margaret. Sorry somewhere in the system I have lost my reply to you. It will no doubt pop up in time. Bound cotton edging on fleece is fine. If you have an overlocker we get some with just an overlocked edge. The usual size we ask for for incubators is approx 24" x24" if something works out different thats fine. perhaps no smaller than 18" x 18" for the ones to go into incubators. A single layer of fleece is fine. Patchworks are different, sizes are best min of 24" x24" is good but if it worked out best at 24x26 or 26 x 26 then thats also ok. No batting as they are not allowsed to use batting in the incubatore. A simple cotton backing is all thats required.
                  Hope this helps.

                  Christine