Re: [rayofhopeuk] Tiny Sock Pattern ?

  • Anni
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2009
      I'd use 4 ply with whatever needles you usually use for that yarn (being a
      loose knitter I always end up using smaller needles than patterns say) If
      they turn out a bit big then they will always fit in a few months (and that
      would be less soul destroying than fiddling with 3 ply to find they turn out
      too small!) A lot of patterns I have don't have specified yarns, I think
      it's because you can use thicker or thinner yarn to produce different sized
      items without the need to re-calculate the pattern!

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2 11:51 AM
        I'm definitely with Anni on this! Try 4 ply and 3.25 mm needles, or whatever you use for 4 ply, and see what you get. They're bound to fit some baby at some point! And you'll be knitting a mystery project at the same time, LOL.

        I love stitches and rows patterns for this very reason: I can use whatever yarn, with appropriate needles, and Chris will find a use for it somewhere :)

        Sorry I didn't reply earlier but I wasn't online yesterday. Hope you've all had a lovely weekend and are ready for a great week to come.

        Hugs, Chris (Stourbridge).

        --- In rayofhopeuk@yahoogroups.com, "Anni" <tbirdanni@...> wrote:

        > I'd use 4 ply with whatever needles you usually use for that yarn
      • Paulene
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 18 4:08 PM
          most socks are knitted on 2.5 to 3mm, this helps then wear better