Re: [rayofhopeuk] Julia's Hats

  • Christine Cooper
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2005
      Hi Chris,

      Is that the pull on on thats on the www.rayofhope.co.uk web
      page. We have variations on it, but use that pattern so
      that we dont need a pattern, if that doesnt sound barmy. If
      someone ask mw , which they do frequently I just say Cast
      on 36 sts leave a 12" tail. size 8 4 ply . Do about
      14ridges or till approx 12" Then sew up the side gather
      the top. They can remember that. We have quite a few ladies
      who knit for us who are blind. They can do this no problem.
      We have tried loads of variations but our hospital prefers
      these because they are so stretchy. They put nearly all
      babies in one and are this year needing between 21/2 and 3
      thousand. So thats why round here we keep it simple. No
      problem at all about sending variations. I can only speak
      for our hospital, but we,ve never had it queried at any of
      the others either. Some hospitals dont like buttons, some
      dont want ribbons, a lot dont want woollen ties, so ita any
      easy option.

      Chris.

      PS I did the pattern lol so no one will take offence at all.

    • Julia Rees
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2005
        Yes, that one.  I was making teeny ones - 24 stitch  - for foetal demise, and just wanted to make them a bit less bulky on top.  I like that pattern for being a 'non pattern' too!  It is very popular with the two hospitals that I send it too, they mostly want the 30 stitch size.

        Julia - who is currently knitting foetal demise wraps to go with the hats.
[...]

        Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
      • Christine Cooper
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2005
          Hi Julia,

          The 30 stitch one is meant for the Neo natal units. The 36
          stitch one we send to the delivery suites, and a few for
          the bigger babies on the neonatal.

          Best Wishes
          Christine
          Co ordinator *Ray of Hope* ( teenytinybabywear)
          www.rayofhope.co.uk