newbie

  • Julia Rees
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 15, 2004
      I've just joined! Thanks for the invite. Now for a little bio.
      Julia, lives in Cardiff, one husband, three kids (1 teenage, 2
      grownup) one mother (lives with us), one black Labrador. I've been
      crafting since I was born I think :) Obsessive hobbies are cross
      stitch, cross stitch designing (my job), cardmaking, knitting. I
      cross stitch for the Angel Quilt Project that supplies quilts to
      prem babies, I knit for babies in Romania and a local SCBU. The
      cardmaking is for fmaily and friends and also to fundraise for a
      Romanian charity. Now in case you are wondering where I get all the
      time to do this and sleep, the answer is that I am disabled - ME for
      18 years - so the more physical stuff is out for me. Home based,
      sofa based, and bed based just about sums me up :)

      Julia
    • Christine Cooper
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 16, 2004
        Hi Julia.

        Thanks very much for that. The group was in danger of being
        wiped out before it started. I hope we can some more like
        minded crafters. I am OK with the website
        www.rayofhope.co.uk but not a clue how to work this groups
        thing so its try and error. I just thought that if some of
        those who get in touch with me would like to come on for a
        chat this may be the way to do it. Fingers Crossed

        Christine

      • Julia Rees
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 16, 2004
          I was surprised when I joined to find that I had doubled the membership!  As I am home and have plenty of time I will always be around to keep the chat going once we have more members.  It's the first 'mixed' group that I have joined - ie crafting of all types - and I look forward to it.  BTW, I've been making the sideways knitted hat of your website for a local SCBU and they love it, say it's the best hatshape they have had.  So I guess I'd better make a few more :)
          Julia
          Thanks very much for that. The group was in danger of being
          wiped out before it started. I hope we can some more like
          minded crafters. I am OK with the website
          www.rayofhope.co.uk but not a clue how to work this groups
          thing so its try and error. I just thought that if some of
          those who get in touch with me would like to come on for a
          chat this may be the way to do it. Fingers Crossed

          Christine

        • want_a_triumpht_bird
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 30, 2006
            hi, I'm Anni. I've just "re-discovered" knitting and crochet after
            years of doing nothing, in fact last time I knitted my 5 year old was
            still a "bump" and she ended up with so many outfits that I think our
            local charity shop is still selling them ;-)

            My MIL has given me a few balls of nice 4 ply to knit up some things
            for babies but I was wondering once they are used up where is the best
            (ie cheapest!) place to get resonable quality yarns from?