RE: [Raw Food] Digest Number 730 raw food tasting like cooked food/detoxing and nursing

  • Lopez, Ariana
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2004
      With the almond meal left over from making nut milk, I made cookies. I mix it with raisins, coconut butter, honey, and coconut chips (optional). Some people add apples, but you can mix and match to whatever tickles your fancy. I dehydrate them really low (95 degrees)for about 24 hours or so. They are yummy. Even my friends that are not into raw at all like them.

      I also make spinish soup. This is one of my favorites. I blend a bunch of spinish leaves and a tomato or avocado. Add water and seasonings...I put in a lot of garlic, a little bit of olive oil if I don't use avocado, onion (minced or powdered), basil, and sea salt to taste. I don't measure anything, I just add or don't depending on how I feel. Sometimes I put in kale to make sure I get enought greens in. I usually take 3 or 4 celery sticks and use them as spoons to scoop up the soup and eat it as I go along.
      Hope this helps,
      Ariana