Re: [Raw Food] Digest Number 730 raw food tasting like cooked food/detoxing and nursing

  • Linda Hatton
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2004
      I haven't found many recipes that I've liked too much yet except for the raw
      cookies. I tried Spinach latkes the other night which sounded really good,
      but they were too nutty for me. I did, however, take a portion out and cook
      them on the stove for my husband, which he liked. You could do that with
      your husband - take a portion of the raw recipe and cook it for him......

        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2004
          With the almond meal left over from making nut milk, I made cookies. I mix it with raisins, coconut butter, honey, and coconut chips (optional). Some people add apples, but you can mix and match to whatever tickles your fancy. I dehydrate them really low (95 degrees)for about 24 hours or so. They are yummy. Even my friends that are not into raw at all like them.

          I also make spinish soup. This is one of my favorites. I blend a bunch of spinish leaves and a tomato or avocado. Add water and seasonings...I put in a lot of garlic, a little bit of olive oil if I don't use avocado, onion (minced or powdered), basil, and sea salt to taste. I don't measure anything, I just add or don't depending on how I feel. Sometimes I put in kale to make sure I get enought greens in. I usually take 3 or 4 celery sticks and use them as spoons to scoop up the soup and eat it as I go along.
          Hope this helps,
          Ariana