Re: I just started my nutrition course!

  • mallon
    Message 1 of 1852 , Feb 28, 2001
      Galapugust,<br><br>You have been blessed, for you
      have discovered something that I did not realize until
      I was in my early 30's. I hope you realize the
      significance of what you just said.<br><br>You mentioned that
      you were a little disillusioned that your nutrition
      lecturer was overweight. Aaah! That is the power of
      modeling. There are books, upon books, upon books about
      diet and "nutrition" with all kinds of theories about
      the right mix of fat, carbs, protein, etc. The
      conventional wisdom is constantly changing, and this causes
      less determined people to give up on understanding
      good diet. But the key question, is who is really
      right, and why do many "experts" look like
      sh*#?<br><br>I like raw food because I've yet to find a fat
      person who is a raw foodist. I know a number of
      vegetarians who are fat, so it is not just an issue of
      meat.<br><br>Trust your instinct. And realize in the future that
      when you want to learn something real fast and not
      waste time on charlatons, the best way is to find
      people who are successful at what you want to learn and
      study them. I used to read lots of nutrition books and
      in retrospect realize that raw food is really the
      only theory that consistently makes sense.<br><br>P.S.
      I'd go ahead and get the "nutrition" diploma or
      degree anyway, so people will take you serious. Once
      you've done that, if you begin espousing views that are
      contrary to mainstream, you'll have a better basis for
      arguing your points since you've studied on both sides of
      the fence.
      Message 1852 of 1852 , Feb 2, 2007