Re: vinegar

  • Martha Burton
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 1, 2004
      The debate about vinegar being raw or cooked is needless. Vinegar is
      acetic acid and you can use it as a weed-killer. If it kills plants,
      what does it do to humans who ingest it?

      Martha
    • Lynne
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 31, 2005
        I wanted everyone to know I meant vinegar as a household cleaner not as a
        cleanser" (as in body or face) as i wrote earlier - sorry for the way i
        wrote it - when I saw it on the digest I thought OH Shucks!!!!
        Love Lynne

      • SV
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 27, 2006
          Here it is again: from http://www.doctorgraham.cc/

          Written by Administrator
          Vinegar is diluted acetic acid, commonly known to be a poison in its pure form. Acetic acid stimulates the thyroid gland to pull phosphorous from the adrenal glands to negate the effects of acetic acid in the system. Depleted phosphorous results in impaired function of the adrenal glands and thus the entire endocrine system. The outcome of all this can include body odor, pains in the heart, rapid pulse, increased mucous production, and headaches. Repetitive use will also result in hardening of the liver.

        • Beth Mouser
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 18, 2007
            Is vinegar raw? I am specifically wondering about basalmic, rice and
            mirin? I love balsamic with flaxseed or olive oil...

            Thanks,
            Beth
          • vegwriter@aol.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 18, 2007
              The only raw vinegar is apple cider vinegar.

              Judy Pokras
              vegwriter@...
              editor/founder/publisher
              The Little e-Book of Raw Thanksgiving Recipes
              Raw Foods News Magazine
              www.rawfoodsnewsmagazine.com
              An online magazine celebrating raw vegan cuisine since March 2001, and
              featuring authoritative info, breaking news, and fun interactive features on the raw
              vegan lifestyle. Chosen as a 2005 Hot List Item by SRQ Magazine. Recommended
              by best-selling author Harvey Diamond, Writer's Digest, EnergyTimes, The Vegan
              Guide to NYC, the Japanese magazine Engine, breathing.com, and the national
              radio program Carolyn Craft's Inner Wisdom.  Have you signed up for our free
              e-newsletter?  When you advertise with us you reach a targeted market.  Did you
              know that switching to a vegan diet helps prevent global warming more than
              switching to a hybrid car? Check out our new blog!
              http://RawFoodGrrl.blogspot.com

              In a message dated 6/18/07 10:56:34 PM, mouser4@... writes:

              > Is vinegar raw?  I am specifically wondering about basalmic, rice and
              > mirin?  I love balsamic with flaxseed or olive oil...
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Beth
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • jeannieh h
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 18, 2007
                I know that Braggs makes a raw apple cider vinegar. It says RAW on the label. It's raw and unfiltered.

                I do love balsamic vinegar, but I don't think it is. I don't think the rest are either.

                Jeannie

                your time is the most cherished gift of all, tomorrow is promised to no one.

                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 19, 2007
                  Thanks for the replies about vinegar. I will try to use only ACV.

                  Beth