Re: Hope no one is offended.... part 2

  • philcovers
    Message 1 of 1852 , Jan 31, 2001
      "I was hoping you would say that."<br><br>"It
      seems harsh, but there is a limit. Do we really want to
      make contact with meat?"<br><br>"I agree one hundred
      percent. What's there to say?" `Hello, meat. How's it
      going?' But will this work? How many planets are we
      dealing with here?"<br><br>"Just one. They can travel to
      other planets in special meat containers, but they
      can't live on them. And being meat, they only travel
      through C space. Which limits them to the speed of light
      and makes the possibility of their ever making
      contact pretty slim. Infinitesimal, in fact."<br><br>"So
      we just pretend there's no one home in the
      wants to meet meat? And the ones who have been aboard
      our vessels, the ones you have probed? You're sure
      they won't remember?"<br><br>"They'll be considered
      crackpots if they do. We went into their heads and smoothed
      out their meat so that we're just a dream to
      them."<br><br>"A dream to meat! How strangely appropriate, that we
      should be meat's dream."<br><br>"And we can marked this
      sector unoccupied."<br><br>"Good. Agreed, officially and
      unofficially. Case closed. Any others? Anyone interesting on
      that side of the galaxy?"<br><br>"Yes, a rather shy
      but sweet hydrogen core cluster intelligence in a
      cl*** nine star in G445 zone. Was in contact two
      galactic rotation ago, wants to be friendly
      how unbearably, how unutterably cold the universe
      would be if one were all
      this does offend any one please remove, I hope people
      see the funny side.)
      Message 1852 of 1852 , Feb 2, 2007