RE: [Raw Food] Re: Recipe elitism

  • Peter Gardiner
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2004
      I think so.

      Also to imagine that being long or short term "raw" confers some sort of
      pecking order is animal to say the least.

      Everybody has to start somewhere and the concept is simple enough. It is
      the practice that is tougher and needs all the help it can get.

      Peter

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2004
        --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "Angelina H." <angelinarh@y...> wrote:
        > I really wish that some of you who are very
        > experienced with raw foods, but who do not use
        > recipies, would give a break to those of us who are
        > starting out and *are* interested in recipe sources.
        > If it were not for some of the recipe questions, I
        > wouldn't have heard about some of the wonderful books
        > and websites available.
        >
        > I understand that it may be truly difficult for some
        > listmembers to imagine that some people haven't eaten
        > vegetables--even cooked vegetables--for a decade or
        > more, but we do exist.

        Of course, I don't understand why you would take a post so personally.

        > And when we come on this list
        > and ask where to find recipies, hearing how others
        > don't need them or consider themselves above such
        > things is not helpful at all. I didn't even know that
        > a tomato would taste good chopped together with an
        > avocado, a cucumber, and some spinach until someone
        > here mentioned that "recipe."

        Tolerance is the key here. We're all just imperfect beings trying to
        do what we feel is best. This forum is just a means of self-
        expression and everyone does that differently. I certainly respect
        everyone's need to express things as they need to for themselves.
        Freedom of speech is a very important reality.

        > I understand that some of you may feel perfectly
        > satisfied eating an extremely simple, however some of
        > us may not feel that way, and it does not make us any
        > less intelligent, less dedicated, less cool, or less
        > anything than those of you who do not like recipies.
        >
        > And for me personally, when it gets to the point where
        > posts suggest that "God" never intended us to use
        > recipies, that is getting to be a bit much, and I
        > cannot imagine that I am the only one on the list who
        > feels that way.
        >
        > Thank you,
        >
        > Lena

        We all need to process information for ourselves like your above two
        paragraphs demonstrate. Happy processing, I'll do the same.

        Rich