Re: [Raw Food] some kind help requested

  • studio53
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2004
      That's a very good question, Jann. I'd like to know the "group think" on
      this as well.

      Personally, drinking herbal teas without any sweetener is OK and not a
      breech of the raw food lifestyle, especially, if you've gone straight from
      coffee to herbal. I've put myself on a 3 1/2 year plan (based on one month
      for every year of cooked food) and also stopped drinking coffee this year.
      My plans were to replace it with herbal tea, but so far, I haven't needed to
      have either, so I've been lucky.

      You will continue to detox, and everyone's body reacts differently to it.
      Regarding juicing, I have an Omega juicer and a Wheateena juicer and make
      raw, fresh veg juice every morning. I have a Wild Oats store locally so am
      fortunate to be able to get everything organic. Juice fasting is great and
      there is a Yahoo forum for fasting support:
      400 members and I fasted for 10 days last summer with an "efasting" partner
      from this group.

      I think support during fasting is the most important component, especially
      if there are other members of the family who are not following your
      lifestyle change.

      Regards,
      Jesse
      Stamford, CT