[Raw Food] Re: Jack Lalane Juicer(wheatgrass)

  • Rhonda
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 2003
      --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, DarinSuzyGates@a... wrote:
      > Will Vita Mix make wheatgrass juice? I am on the fence about
      buying one. If
      > anybody can share their experience with their vita mix....I would
      much
      > appreciate it!!

      I have had my VitaMix for several years and my family uses it almost
      daily. My NONRAW kids and hubby like my raw spaghetti sauce. The
      vitamix warms it up without cooking it. We also have raw fruit
      smoothies many mornings, and I always throw in a raw carrot with the
      fruit. The kids can't even taste it (although if I put in 2, they
      definitely do.)

      I have used the vitamix for raw soups too, and I LOVE IT!

      I paid $400 for mine, and now you can buy them for under $300 new.
      I would definitely recommend the Vita Mix. And I have not had a
      SINGLE problem with mine. And cleanup is SO easy if you don't let
      the food sit in it. When we do, we just soak it for about 10
      minutes with hot soapy water and then wipe it down. Still easy.

      Rhonda
    • Sara Simon
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2004
        Hi Rhonda,
        Will you share your tomato sauce recipe?
        Sara xx

        > My NONRAW kids and hubby like my raw spaghetti sauce. The
        > vitamix warms it up without cooking it.
      • wendy
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 5, 2004
          --I use an auger juicer for wheatgrass. I was told the Vitamix wouldn't do
          wheatgrass well, but I use the Vitamix daily for lots and lots of things.

          wendy

          > --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, DarinSuzyGates@a... wrote:
          > > Will Vita Mix make wheatgrass juice? I am on the fence about
          > buying one. If
          > > anybody can share their experience with their vita mix....I would
          > much
          > > appreciate it!!
          > >

          > SINGLE problem with mine. And cleanup is SO easy if you don't let
          > the food sit in it. When we do, we just soak it for about 10
          > minutes with hot soapy water and then wipe it down. Still easy.
          >
          > Rhonda
        • Sara Simon
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 6, 2004
            The vitamix is a blender, not a juicer... you need a juicer with
            gears/auger/spiral thing inside to juice greens.
            Sara xx

          • tlgjjr@cs.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 6, 2004
              Hi,
              I am new here and I ordered sprout machine and it will be shipping out today (I hope). I already have Juiceman II and wondered if it will do for wheatgrass. It does well juicing fruits and vegetables and I wondered about wheatgrass. Anyone know?

              Thanks.
              Tina