Re: [Raw Food] Ageing

  • abrs@lynchburg.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2003
      You know, I really don't worry about aging. I worry about not living well.

      (Thoughts from the once chronically ill, healed by raw foods.)

      Bernadette, your story made me think again that maybe the best I can
      do is not worriying much about "mathematics" and follow my own
      insighs while keeping on reading from success raw eaters... Thanks.

      As far as I get the subject again, I was speaking about AGEs and its
      implication in ageing :). There are some theories about how ageing
      takes place in cellular level, but one ot them points to sugar role,
      and sees diabetes (type II one at least) as an accelerated proccess
      of ageing...

      I try to take the best studied way to retard aging, as is Caloric
      Restriction, eating about 1800 cal a day. By other side, I suppose
      than trying to practice this, I have not to worry about caloric
      percentages of macronutrients, since I have to reach the maximal
      intake of nutrients while eating the lower ammount of calories. As
      far as I can see, you may get the ammount of protein you need from a
      high fruit diet if you consume the calories you need normally, but
      not from an restricted in energy diet.

      Are there here someone trying this anti-aging aproach? (You can see
      Roy Walford's studies, or go to foreverhealthy.net and visit Gendel's
      articles about how he is following a low caloric raw diet. I his FAQ,
      he tells about his daily eating (see Raw Diet), and how he has
      evolved, and you can read more on this subject in his Articles
      about "how to live to 125!". Good look!

      Be happy