[Raw Food] Re: Water (Roger)

  • Bryan Erickson
    Message 1 of 100 , Oct 31, 2003
      --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Haeske" <roger@s...> wrote:
      > Hi Bruce,
      >
      > According to Paavo Airola there was evidence or studies that some
      > minerals do get absorbed by the body from water. But I don't think it
      > would be beneficial to do this while fasting. I read this several years
      > ago so I don't remember the details.
      >
      > Roger

      *********************

      what is the whater of the nile like? this is probably the ideal water
      to drink... streams and rivers. all which have a lot of inorganic
      minerals in them.
    • denisedthomas
      Message 100 of 100 , Jul 7, 2006
        Jen,

        I have used the "pur" filter on my faucet and I have purchased Spring Water in glass 5
        gallon jugs and although it tastes fine to me, I can tell the difference in my body when I
        drink the filtered water!!! It feels dead, I don't feel that my thirst is satisfied, I just feel full
        and bloated. Then I drink more water sooner because I'm still thirsty or I turn to food,
        especially almond milk when I am thirsty which I am trying to get away from doing.
        I had stopped buying my spring water recently trying to save money, but I realize now that
        it is actually costing me more to use the filtered water so I am going back to spring water
        as soon as I can get to the store that carried it (and then I'm going to arrange for delivery)
        Get spring water from a reputable place though, I heard of one company (this is just from
        a friend who feels she got a parasite from the water, I didn't do my own research!) called
        "Cullingans" that gets their water from a location that used to be a pig farm! That doesn't
        sound too wise, but again, I haven't verified this!
        The water I get is from Hot Springs Arkansas and it's called Mountain Valley Springs. I love
        that it comes in glass too, I've heard the plastic that leaches into the water can cause
        hormone imbalances and cancer and I can taste the difference!!
        Denise