  • blueberrypetals@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2003
      hello, I have been reading posts for quite a while. I am very impressed at the wonderful sources of knowledge here. I love listening to all of you. I live in Coral Gables, FL and try 100% raw. I was wondering if anyone was from south florida and if anyone knew of any raw potlucks around? I wish I could be more inspired sometimes and I LOVE uncooking!! I am all alone in my diet, I know noone else.. for about 1/2 a year now. I did go to a raw food prep class on south beach but my boyfriend was there and in a rush so I didnt get to meet anyone..
      Maria
    • Heather
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2003
        I don't know of any potlucks specifically but there is a great
        organic farmers market
        run by raw foodists on Saturday afternoons. The address is 3300 Grand
        Avenue in
        Coconut Grove. It is usually a rather social affair with raw foodists
        (and others) from
        all over South Florida. If there aren't already potlucks arranged you
        could probably
        find folks there who would be interested in starting some. Hope this
        helps.

        The market is run by:
        www.glaserorganicfarms.com

        Heather

        --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, blueberrypetals@a... wrote:

        > hello, I have been reading posts for quite a while. I am very
        impressed at the
        wonderful sources of knowledge here. I love listening to all of you.
        I live in Coral
        Gables, FL and try 100% raw. I was wondering if anyone was from south
        florida and if
        anyone knew of any raw potlucks around? I wish I could be more
        inspired sometimes
        and I LOVE uncooking!! I am all alone in my diet, I know noone else..
        for about 1/2 a
        year now. I did go to a raw food prep class on south beach but my
        boyfriend was
        there and in a rush so I didnt get to meet anyone..
        > Maria
      • natureguided
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2003
          Hi Maria,

          My girlfriend and I went from vegetarian to mostly raw vegetarian in
          the last couple of months... We also live in south Florida, in
          Florida City to be exact... The market on Saturdays in Coconut Grove
          on Grand put on by Glaser Farms is great... A super selection of
          organic fruits, nuts, and vegetables as well as prepared raw foods...
          Lot's of nice people there too... They also have classes on raw food
          preparation, so you might check with them about those... Here's the
          website address for Glaser Farms:

          http://www.glaserorganicfarms.com/

          There have been some raw potlucks down south here in the Homestead
          area in the past, I believe at Paradise Farms... Will check into this
          and let you know if I can find more info... Hope this helps...

          Rick