Re: new to rawfood

  • sisterkris2003
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
      > Firstly I have MS and with it an unreasonable expectation that a
      raw diet will help it to disappear!

      Firstly, this expectation is not at all unreasonable, a raw food
      diet can help and sometimes cure many different ailments and
      illnesses, I can promise you that. However it is important in
      starting a life of raw foods to look at your teeth, do you have any
      silver fillings in your mouth from cavaties? Silver fillings contain
      a large percentage of mercury, everytime you chew your food you
      release mercuric gases into your body, which in turn can accumulate
      after time and cause all kinds of havoc, including, but not limited
      to MS. Here is a great article to read:
      http://thedoctorwithin.com/index_fr.html?content=/articles/index.html
      (the rest of the site is awesome too, do some searching through the
      articles)
      I had an aunt who was in a wheelchair from the effects of MS, had
      her silver amalgums removed and replaced with ceramic and she is
      able to walk by herself and live a mostly normal existance. My
      uncle did the same thing, also had MS and wasn't able to concieve a
      child with his wife, walked with a cane, decided to try what my aunt
      tried and now they have a 3 year old daughter and he can play with
      her and pick her up like any father would want to. That's not to
      say that they are both 100% cured, but they have hugely improved
      their lives. I think if they went on a raw food diet and then did a
      cleansing fast they would completely be relieved of any symptoms
      that remain.
      > I would like to know what are liquid aminos? The recipe book I
      > have seems to require these are added to every recipe.

      They are referring to Braggs liquid amino acids, which you can spray
      onto your food for seasoning, however, it is not 100% raw like most
      beleive it to be. However, it does make your salads taste
      wonderful, I use it for a dressing from time to time, you can find
      it at any health food store. It may be harder to find in France
      though. I used to live in Paris for 5 years and Cannes for 2 and
      know how hard it is to find health food shops, look on-line perhaps.

      > Am I in the wrong place for help?

      I don't think so, there are all kinds of sites available though for
      you to get good info and find community, you are not alone.
      Good book to sart with: The Sunfood Diet success System by David
      Wolfe available at www.davidwolfe.com This book is very inspiring
      if not sometimes a little cheezy but still has way of keeping you
      going when you want to fall off raw.
      www.living-foods.com is a good community site with loads of info.
      good luck or rather bon chance....
      Kris Costa
    • ursulalighting
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
        --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, Margie Roswell <mroswell@f...> wrote:
        > How has no wheat and no dairy, and high raw affected your MS? Have
        any
        > symptoms subsided?

        no wheat no dairy but at the same time say "of course everyone is
        different". I had a treatment from a kinesiologist for muscle
        testing which demonstrated an intolerance to wheat but not to dairy!
        I guess the root of my personal avoidance of wheat and dairy is the
        simple fact that I enjoy being slim. Living in France, it is
        difficult to avoid the wonderful patisseries, French breads and
        cheeses. A raw diet would preclude all those things anyway? URSULA

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > --
        > --
        > Marjorie Roswell
        > 3443 Guilford Terrace
        > Baltimore, MD 21218
        > mroswell@f...
        > 410-467-3727
        > Newest Site: rawfoodwiki.org
      • kauguy
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2003
          Ursula;
          We have a member of this forum who beat M.S. with living foods check
          out her message #1518.

          Peter: we have a saying in Hawaii about lying; "Don't lie, you won't
          have to remember so much"

          Doug

          Those of you who get the digest version; We need the replied to
          message so that we will know what the new message is about. Complain
          to Yahoo. All they need to do is put the number of the message the
          new message refers to. this is the way it was done before but for
          some reason they changed it.

          Doug

          --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "ursulalighting" <lightings@w...>