RE: [Raw Food] Hi I am New

  • Peter Gardiner
    Message 1 of 53 , Aug 24, 2003
      Fred,

      Most certainly you have not upset me. Academically, scientifically and
      in dieting knowledge you are my superior.

      I share your love of the truth although I perceive the truth as having a
      shifting focus. Thus I pitch my efforts in varying directions to
      explore and test my perceptions.

      This makes truth even more important to me as I spend most of my life
      pursuing it. Moreover it changes. And the truth often starts with the
      right question. "What should I be eating?" is always a good question.
      The answer and the truth vary in accordance with individual
      circumstance.

      On food combining, I confess I do the minimum of it. Recipes and
      smoothies I consider as being appropriate for those who are either not
      raw foodists or are in transition. However, I whip up mixtures in a
      juicer for guests as a pastime. I even throw an apple into a vegetable
      mixture to take the bitterness of a pure vegetables and make a
      concoction more palatable. Purists would abhor my heresy and hypocrisy,
      especially as I do no more than taste the concoctions I serve.

      The upshot is that my guests enthuse about fruit and vegetables. Is that
      breaking the rules is sometimes "right"?

      I look forward to reading more of your postings, Fred.

      Peter

      Message 53 of 53 , Aug 28, 2003
        You echo my thoughts, Rufus.

        It always amazes me that animals have far simpler diets than humans.
        Somehow they survive without running after trace elements or new recipes
        or veterinary surgeons. I find that the more I simplify my diet the
        richer it becomes.

        Was it Laurence Van der Post who said that to answer the big questions
        in life you need to look at nature?

        Peter