Re: [Raw Food] new to rawfood

  • Margie Roswell
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2003
      How has no wheat and no dairy, and high raw affected your MS? Have any
      symptoms subsided?

      Margie

      On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, ursulalighting wrote:

      > hello all
      > I have been eating raw food with intent for just a week. But for four
      > months now, no dairy and no wheat but all my life lots of fruit and
      > salads.
      > Firstly I have MS and with it an unreasonable expectation that a raw
      > diet will help it to disappear! I won't bore with all the details
      > but would like to know what are liquid aminos? The recipe book I
      > have seems to require these are added to every recipe. Also I am
      > beginning with a 75% raw diet. My husband is a strictly meat and veg
      > man plus we live in France where the very idea of a diet without
      > bread, meat or cheeses and potatoes is unheard of. The French idea
      > of a salad here in S.W. France is a bowl of lettuce and a
      > vinaigrette. So at least we can have dinner together although I only
      > eat fish and occasional chicken.
      > Am I in the wrong place for help?
      > Ursula Lighting

      Marjorie Roswell
      3443 Guilford Terrace
      Baltimore, MD 21218
      mroswell@...
      410-467-3727
      Newest Site: rawfoodwiki.org
    • sisterkris2003
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
        > Firstly I have MS and with it an unreasonable expectation that a
        raw diet will help it to disappear!

        Firstly, this expectation is not at all unreasonable, a raw food
        diet can help and sometimes cure many different ailments and
        illnesses, I can promise you that. However it is important in
        starting a life of raw foods to look at your teeth, do you have any
        silver fillings in your mouth from cavaties? Silver fillings contain
        a large percentage of mercury, everytime you chew your food you
        release mercuric gases into your body, which in turn can accumulate
        after time and cause all kinds of havoc, including, but not limited
        to MS. Here is a great article to read:
        http://thedoctorwithin.com/index_fr.html?content=/articles/index.html
        (the rest of the site is awesome too, do some searching through the
        articles)
        I had an aunt who was in a wheelchair from the effects of MS, had
        her silver amalgums removed and replaced with ceramic and she is
        able to walk by herself and live a mostly normal existance. My
        uncle did the same thing, also had MS and wasn't able to concieve a
        child with his wife, walked with a cane, decided to try what my aunt
        tried and now they have a 3 year old daughter and he can play with
        her and pick her up like any father would want to. That's not to
        say that they are both 100% cured, but they have hugely improved
        their lives. I think if they went on a raw food diet and then did a
        cleansing fast they would completely be relieved of any symptoms
        that remain.
        > I would like to know what are liquid aminos? The recipe book I
        > have seems to require these are added to every recipe.

        They are referring to Braggs liquid amino acids, which you can spray
        onto your food for seasoning, however, it is not 100% raw like most
        beleive it to be. However, it does make your salads taste
        wonderful, I use it for a dressing from time to time, you can find
        it at any health food store. It may be harder to find in France
        though. I used to live in Paris for 5 years and Cannes for 2 and
        know how hard it is to find health food shops, look on-line perhaps.

        > Am I in the wrong place for help?

        I don't think so, there are all kinds of sites available though for
        you to get good info and find community, you are not alone.
        Good book to sart with: The Sunfood Diet success System by David
        Wolfe available at www.davidwolfe.com This book is very inspiring
        if not sometimes a little cheezy but still has way of keeping you
        going when you want to fall off raw.
        www.living-foods.com is a good community site with loads of info.
        good luck or rather bon chance....
        Kris Costa
      • ursulalighting
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
          --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, Margie Roswell <mroswell@f...> wrote:
          > How has no wheat and no dairy, and high raw affected your MS? Have
          any
          > symptoms subsided?

          no wheat no dairy but at the same time say "of course everyone is
          different". I had a treatment from a kinesiologist for muscle
          testing which demonstrated an intolerance to wheat but not to dairy!
          I guess the root of my personal avoidance of wheat and dairy is the
          simple fact that I enjoy being slim. Living in France, it is
          difficult to avoid the wonderful patisseries, French breads and
          cheeses. A raw diet would preclude all those things anyway? URSULA

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          > --
          > --
          > Marjorie Roswell
          > 3443 Guilford Terrace
          > Baltimore, MD 21218
          > mroswell@f...
          > 410-467-3727
          > Newest Site: rawfoodwiki.org
        • kauguy
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 2003
            Ursula;
            We have a member of this forum who beat M.S. with living foods check
            out her message #1518.

            Peter: we have a saying in Hawaii about lying; "Don't lie, you won't
            have to remember so much"

            Doug

            Those of you who get the digest version; We need the replied to
            message so that we will know what the new message is about. Complain
            to Yahoo. All they need to do is put the number of the message the
            new message refers to. this is the way it was done before but for
            some reason they changed it.

            Doug

            --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "ursulalighting" <lightings@w...>