Re: corn soup recipe?

  • janet
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 30, 2003
      --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, Margie Roswell <mroswell@f...> wrote:
      > Thanks. That looks wonderful. When you do that, do you make your own
      > almond milk, or use the stuff in a container?

      Margie,

      I've never made the corn chowder. I was just giving you a recipe
      that looked good. I'm sure it would taste even better if you made
      your own almond milk. There's a recipe for that in The Raw Gourmet
      as well.

      - Janet
    • Diane Law
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 30, 2003
        Hi Sonia

        I wonder how many other Canadians there are on this list?

        Diane

        Sonia <soniaoxo@...> wrote:
        Hi Diane Nice to meet you.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Sonia
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 31, 2003
          I don't know about how many Canadian, but it is nice
          to know that Canadian do go RAW!

        • Diane Law
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 2, 2003
            Hi Sonia

            I kinda of hoped that any Canadians on this list might just say Hi.

            I struggled for a while about raw thinking that we have some pretty sool weather in the winter and that perhaps raw wouldn't provide enough warmth. Then it occurred to me that temperature is relative. So raw it is.

            Diane

            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 2, 2003
              Diane,

              fortunatly for me I live in California now , so I
              don't ahve to worry about the winter so much anymore
              we do have a winter but it is more like the Fall in
              Canada. I will be tryin to come to Toronto in
              November on around Xmas. I'll let you know and maybe
              we coud meet.

              --- Diane Law <joy2knit@...> wrote:
              > Hi Sonia
              >
              > I kinda of hoped that any Canadians on this list
              > might just say Hi.
              >
              > I struggled for a while about raw thinking that we
              > have some pretty sool weather in the winter and that
              > perhaps raw wouldn't provide enough warmth. Then it
              > occurred to me that temperature is relative. So raw
              > it is.
              >
              > Diane
              >
              > Sonia <soniaoxo@...> wrote:
              > I don't know about how many Canadian, but it is nice
              > to know that Canadian do go RAW!

              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              > Terms of Service.

              > removed]

              http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
            • DJ Evans
              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 3, 2003
                and we go bare too!

                heehee!

                dj
                I don't know about how many Canadian, but it is nice
                to know that Canadian do go RAW!

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Rusty
                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 3, 2003
                  > I kinda of hoped that any Canadians on this list might just say Hi.
                  =
                  Hi, from Victoria, B.C.
                  rusty

                  Message 8 of 24 , Aug 3, 2003
                    --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "Kristi Swanson" <swanson@c...> wrote:
                    > I thought almond/soy/rice milk is cooked. Am i wrong?

                    Kristi,

                    Almond milk is raw - made by blending soaked almonds and water.

                    You can also make raw milk from soaked hulled sesame seeds and from
                    sprouted quinoa. Raw grain milks can be made from sprouted wheat,
                    kamut, amaranth, millet, spelt and oats.

                    Soy or rice milk would be cooked.

                    - Janet
                  • Diane Law
                    Message 9 of 24 , Aug 3, 2003
                      Hi Sonia

                      Oh, to live in California
                      now that fall will come, etc.

                      (apologies to Browning)

                      Let me know about travel plans. Perhaps meet half way between Toronto and Kingston?

                      Diane

                      Message 10 of 24 , Aug 3, 2003
                        does that mean that our favourite colour is blue???

                        Diane

                        Message 11 of 24 , Aug 3, 2003
                          Hi Rusty

                          Lived in Vancouvewr maaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyy years ago. Loved the west coast.

                          Diane
                          Kingston, Ontario

                        • tim and Sharon
                          Message 12 of 24 , Aug 4, 2003
                            Hi Sonya,
                            I am not in Canada, but I may be there for the vegetarian festival coming up. Do you usually go there? If so, how do you like it?

                            > I kinda of hoped that any Canadians on this list
                            > might just say Hi.
                            >
                            > I struggled for a while about raw thinking that we
                            > have some pretty sool weather in the winter and that
                            > perhaps raw wouldn't provide enough warmth. Then it
                            > occurred to me that temperature is relative. So raw
                            > it is.

                            Sharon and Tim

                          • Sonia
                            Message 13 of 24 , Aug 4, 2003
                              Hi tim and Sharon,

                              I am originally from Montreal, Canada and I have lived
                              in Toronto and Vancouver. I am now in San Diego,
                              California ,but often go back home, usually every 2
                              years or so.

                              haven't been to toronto ina bout 5 years but wil
                              probably go next year.

                              When is the Vegetarian Festival?

                              Message 14 of 24 , Aug 4, 2003
                                I agree I love to go BARE too!
                                --- DJ Evans <starskygirl@...> wrote:
                                > and we go bare too!
                                >
                                > heehee!
                                >
                                > dj

                                http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
                              • Chantal
                                Message 15 of 24 , Aug 4, 2003
                                  Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their advice in helping me
                                  recuperate from my car accident. I'm still in a wheelchair and will
                                  be for several weeks, but the seatbelt marks around my neck which my
                                  doctor was convinved would scar is completely healed thanks to raw
                                  honey!!

                                  And to all those Canadians on the board - it's nice to know you're
                                  all out there! I was born, raised and educated in Toronto (Ryerson
                                  University) and am married to a Montrealer - we actually spent a
                                  fantastic week in Montreal back in early June. In recent months
                                  we've seriously considered making the move to L.A. (I work in the TV
                                  biz), but it's a hard decision to make since I dearly, dearly love
                                  Toronto and have my entire family here.

                                  Any Toronto ex-pats living in L.A.?
                                • Sonia
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Aug 4, 2003
                                    Chantal,

                                    I used to live in toronto from 1986 to 1991 and I now
                                    live in Southern California, I lived 2 years in LA and
                                    now live in San Diego.

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Aug 5, 2003
                                      It is Sept 13 weekend.
                                      Sharon

                                      Sonia <soniaoxo@...> wrote:
                                      Hi tim and Sharon,

                                      I am originally from Montreal, Canada and I have lived
                                      in Toronto and Vancouver. I am now in San Diego,
                                      California ,but often go back home, usually every 2
                                      years or so.

                                      haven't been to toronto ina bout 5 years but wil
                                      probably go next year.

                                      When is the Vegetarian Festival?

                                      --- tim and Sharon <colloidal_silver@...> wrote:
                                      > Hi Sonya,
                                      > I am not in Canada, but I may be there for the
                                      > vegetarian festival coming up. Do you usually go
                                      > there? If so, how do you like it?
                                      >

                                      > > I kinda of hoped that any Canadians on this list
                                      > > might just say Hi.
                                      > >
                                      > > I struggled for a while about raw thinking that we
                                      > > have some pretty sool weather in the winter and
                                      > that
                                      > > perhaps raw wouldn't provide enough warmth. Then
                                      > it
                                      > > occurred to me that temperature is relative. So
                                      > raw
                                      > > it is.
                                      >
                                      > Sharon and Tim

                                      > removed]

                                      Sharon and Tim

                                      Message 18 of 24 , Aug 5, 2003
                                        UMMMM,

                                        Im not going ot make it but maybe next year.

                                        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com