Spices

  • WtchyWmyn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30 11:45 AM
      Greetings,

      I'm still very new to the raw way of living. I've been nearly 100% raw for 5
      weeks now (I took a few months to get there from cooked/processed vegan). I've
      seen many recipes that call for curry or cayenne powder and I'm wondering
      where to get them raw. Are they available raw or are they considered "raw enough"
      by some like nama shoyu? Am I missing something?

      Thanks for the help!

      Beth
    • Bridgitte
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 30 12:16 PM
        --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, WtchyWmyn@a... wrote:
        I'm wondering
        > where to get them raw. Are they available raw or are they
        considered "raw enough"
        > by some like nama shoyu? Am I missing something?

        I'm pretty sure that spices are dried and considered raw UNLESS it
        says "roasted" on the label (roasted garlic granules, for example) or
        otherwise indicates that it was heated. Hooked on Raw by Rhio has a
        chapter on spices that's very informative - see if you can track down
        a copy.

        Bridgitte