How to Overcome Addiction to Cooked Food

  • Roger Haeske
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
      Great post Doug on how to quit smoking.

      I think we could apply it to quitting cooked food. Much of the cooked
      food eating is also for social reasons. So just eat and do nothing else
      while eating. This may help some people out. I’ve kept your post below
      so that people can try to apply this same idea to cooked food.

      Roger

      Have you tried the Raw Diet many times but failed to stick with it? Now
      you can learn the Motivational and Dietary Secrets to success on a 100%
      Raw Food Diet. From Infinite Potential and Raw Food Coach, Roger Haeske,
      the author of Your Hidden Power - eClass, Infinite Tennis and
      http://www.superbeing.com <http://www.superbeing.com/> . Go to
      http://www.superbeingdiet.com <http://www.superbeingdiet.com%20/> to
      learn how to go 100% RAW.

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
        Yes Doug,

        Do not even worry about the odd lapse. Do not finish the odd deviant
        cigarette
        but rather stop at the third puff. Stub it out and if you have to,
        light up another.
        This applies particularly when drinking alcohol. In the morning get back
        to the non smoking mindset.

        Each person has to find their own way but even the readers digest says
        that
        you have to get your mind together to be successful.

        Of course the same can be said of cooked food. It certainly does more
        damage on
        the planet than nicotine and as there is more of it about.

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • DJ Evans
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
          Thanks Doug. I know I have to do this. I just need some direction.

          dj
          I must tell my story, because it worked so well. Many years ago, I
          had to use a restroom, and there was nothing else to read but a
          Readers Digest magazine. Otherwise I wouldn't be caught dead reading
          Readers Digest, but I must give credit where credit is due. Anyway
          there was an article about quitting smoking. It was written by a
          psychiatrist who had developed this system to help his wife quit. To
          make a long story short I had been smoking for 25 years and quit.
          Here is the system; you set a date when you will stop smoking. I made
          mine about 1 ½ months in the future until that date I could smoke as
          much as I wanted, but I could only smoke alone, and while doing
          nothing else, no talking, no reading, no sitting on the pot, nothing.
          (Once again I chose the restroom). The first day my habit dropped to
          5 cigarettes a day. What happens is that you get over the habit of
          smoking. Smoking can be very social and there are social triggers to
          smoking like smoking after a meal, or while talking, or drinking. You
          need to adjust to living your life without cigarettes. Then when the
          date to stop comes, you only have to deal with the addiction. I have
          not smoked since. That was 1983. I had tried to quit many times
          before and nothing worked. I also read in another article that if you
          try to quit and fail, keep trying, and you will find a way that is
          best for you. Don't ever stop trying.

          Doug

          --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "pairoftwo" <pairoftwo@y...> wrote:
          > Peter,
          >
          > I'm in transition to rawfoods, but I've been smoking since my 14
          and
          > now I'm 37 and I'm must stop with this as soon as possible.
          > It's a priority to me.
          > How did you stop?
          > Please, tell me a way and I'll try very hard.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Patricia
          > Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
          > (sorry my english;)
          >

          > > Let me illustrate with an example. As a smoker of 40-60
          cigarettes
          > > per day with a track record of 30 years or more and the doctor
          > telling me that smoking was particularly bad with my condition, it
          > really was no problem to stop; even though I had tried and failed
          > dozens of times before.
          >
          > > Nicotine is the most addictive substance on the planet.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Shanti Eaglemeare
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
            Patricia,
            1. make a FIRM decision NEVER to touch a cigarette again.
            2. stop smoking
            3. do not allow yourself to THINK about smoking at all. The moment your
            thoughts come to the subject of smoking in any way, do something else,
            think something else, feel something else.
            After 2 weeks you will be totally over it.
            This worked for me.
            Good luck
            Shanti

            At 21:32 02/07/2003, you wrote:
            >Peter,
            >
            >I'm in transition to rawfoods, but I've been smoking since my 14 and
            >now I'm 37 and I'm must stop with this as soon as possible.
            >It's a priority to me.
            >How did you stop?
            >Please, tell me a way and I'll try very hard.
            >
            >Thanks,
            >Patricia
            >Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
            >(sorry my english;)
            >

            > > Let me illustrate with an example. As a smoker of 40-60 cigarettes
            > > per day with a track record of 30 years or more and the doctor
            >telling me that smoking was particularly bad with my condition, it
            >really was no problem to stop; even though I had tried and failed
            >dozens of times before.
            >
            > > Nicotine is the most addictive substance on the planet.

          • Peter Gardiner
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
              Shanti,

              Each to his own but when I gave up smoking cigarettes were on my mind
              around the clock.
              Two weeks is the big hurdle but there are others that follow.

              Peter

              At 21:32 02/07/2003, you wrote:
              >Peter,
              >
              >I'm in transition to rawfoods, but I've been smoking since my 14 and
              >now I'm 37 and I'm must stop with this as soon as possible. It's a
              >priority to me. How did you stop?
              >Please, tell me a way and I'll try very hard.
              >
              >Thanks,
              >Patricia
              >Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
              >(sorry my english;)
              >

              > > Let me illustrate with an example. As a smoker of 40-60 cigarettes
              > > per day with a track record of 30 years or more and the doctor
              >telling me that smoking was particularly bad with my condition, it
              >really was no problem to stop; even though I had tried and failed
              >dozens of times before.
              >
              > > Nicotine is the most addictive substance on the planet.

              >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            • Aymee
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                The way I quit smoking was I never bought a cigarette again and just
                started bumming them.after a while I would give my friends 1 dollar for
                a cigarette (10 yrs ago) I couldn't afford it anymore and I stopped
                hanging out with them eventually so no more temptation

                We are always one;
                always love; One love!
                Aymee
              • tim washington
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                  It touches me when I hear people talk about trying to quit smoking. Both my mother and sister smoked for a very long time. They've both quit now but it was very difficult for them and I DO feel for all smokers who are trying to quit. There is an herbal combination called Q which helps people to stop smoking. Both my mother and sister used it with some success. It sounds to me ( one who has never smoked) that the method kauguy speaks of and the Q may help alot.
                • pairoftwo
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                    Thanks, Shanti and Peter.

                    I'll try it with a fast on august (my vacation).

                    Best regards,
                    Patricia
                  • pairoftwo
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                      Kauguy,

                      I never heard this metod before; I think that if I could do be
                      totally alone for two weeks or just one week, it'll work well.
                      But yesterday, I took a decision: I'll try making a fast on august.

                      Thanks a lot,
                      Patricia
                      Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
                    • pairoftwo
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                        Thanks Tim, but I'll prefer try a fast.

                        Best regards,
                        Patricia
                        Rio de Janeiro - Brasil
                      • Diane Law
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 11, 2003
                          Hi

                          You might want to consider a book titled - The pH Miracle - written by Dr. Robert Young and Shelley Young. I've just finished reading it and feel so encouraged. I'm new to *raw food diet* and had no idea how to start. It's all in this book. It's available through www.chapters.indigo.ca where I made my purchase. I highly recommend reading it.

                          Diane

                          DJ Evans <starskygirl@...> wrote:
                          Hi, names DJ and I need your help! After much research an mega illness I am going to switch my diet over to raw.

                          The problem is that I dont know how to start out, how to stay on this, what exactly to make other than taking food out of the fridge and eating it...I know nothing about sprouting.

                          I need all the help I can get so I am asking you knowledgable folks to help guide me on my way here...please....

                          I am 40 and feel 90. If I dont do something soon I may not live to see 45!

                          Any tips, recipes, advice you have will surely help me!

                          Thanks
                          DJ

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor