RE: [Raw Food] Hello all

  • Peter Gardiner
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2003
      Day,

      Welcome aboard.

      A good idea to read to get your diet balanced and make the transition.
      It is a
      big shift mentally and physically to go raw. For example, instead of
      dealing with
      a vast surplus of protein, your body will learn to extract protein from
      dark green leaves.

      Instead of taking carbohydrate from animal fats and wheat, it has to
      take enough from
      fruit and vegetable fats.

      A good start is David Wolfe's Sunfood Success System. I skipped through
      his philosophy but
      I am sure others love it. Frederic Parernaude's Raw Secrets is
      excellent too. There are masses
      of books to read. Also not a bad idea to start off with some kind of
      fast to clean the old
      diet out.

      Peter