Re: My own sprouters I'd made

  • manifestnow
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 25, 2010
      I could not figure out this post, but... here is how I sprout with my own sprouters.

      I have Bell/Mason jars. I have several sizes, because I use the jars for pickling, for making rejuvelac, and also for sprouting.
      For sprouting, I usually use a 2 qt. jar. I normally sprout lentils and wheat in the 2 qt jar. If I sprout other things (peas, beans, seeds), I use a 1 qt jar.

      At night, I put the grains, nuts, seeds, or beans into the jar and then I fill the jar with water. In the morning, I drain the water, and tilt the jars over the dish drainer, so they will drain more completely. In the evening, I rinse and then set the jar to drain again.

      I repeat the procedure twice a day until I have sprouts the way I want them (some sprouts are good when they have tails, some need to grow longer...)

      I start new sprouts about every two weeks (this ends up being a rotation because different things sprout at different times, and we have to eat up whatever is ready)
      Margaret
    • jerri willmore
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 26, 2010
        your post is nice, but here is how I sprout- I have a plastic easter basket in a dome- shaped container (geodesic, and I sent you all a picture) I put the seeds in the basket and rinse at least twice daily, it is inside the container all day and that keeps it moist. I grow greens that way and cut the roots off. There. Hope you all figured out how I do it. :)