My own sprouters I'd made

  • jerri willmore
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 24, 2010
      Dome and plastic easter basket- inspired by Silent Running-
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/jerriw/running.jpg

      Jar for Chia Pet to keep it moist, decorated by myself-
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/jerriw/jar.jpg

    • manifestnow
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 25, 2010
        I could not figure out this post, but... here is how I sprout with my own sprouters.

        I have Bell/Mason jars. I have several sizes, because I use the jars for pickling, for making rejuvelac, and also for sprouting.
        For sprouting, I usually use a 2 qt. jar. I normally sprout lentils and wheat in the 2 qt jar. If I sprout other things (peas, beans, seeds), I use a 1 qt jar.

        At night, I put the grains, nuts, seeds, or beans into the jar and then I fill the jar with water. In the morning, I drain the water, and tilt the jars over the dish drainer, so they will drain more completely. In the evening, I rinse and then set the jar to drain again.

        I repeat the procedure twice a day until I have sprouts the way I want them (some sprouts are good when they have tails, some need to grow longer...)

        I start new sprouts about every two weeks (this ends up being a rotation because different things sprout at different times, and we have to eat up whatever is ready)
        Margaret
      • jerri willmore
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 26, 2010
          your post is nice, but here is how I sprout- I have a plastic easter basket in a dome- shaped container (geodesic, and I sent you all a picture) I put the seeds in the basket and rinse at least twice daily, it is inside the container all day and that keeps it moist. I grow greens that way and cut the roots off. There. Hope you all figured out how I do it. :)