Re: [Raw Food] Raw Chocolates-Any Recipes

  • Judy
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2010
      Just mix them all together, pour into an ice cube tray or candy mold, cover
      and refrigerate for a few minutes. But you don't need to use BOTH cacao
      butter AND coconut oil. Either one will do the trick.

      Judy
      author
      The Little e-Book of Raw Vegan Holiday Recipes

      I highly recommend:
      The ultimate raw food certification program!
      http://www.eventbrite.com/event/501703609/rawcert/3640085474

      On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 6:45 AM, kefir_king <kefir_king@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      > Can anyone help with a Raw Chocolate recipe using Cocoa Powder, Cocoa
      > Butter, Virgin Coconut Oil and Argave Syrup
      >
      > Many Thanks
      > Steve

    • kefir_king
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2010
        Hi Judy
        Thanks for the reply. I was told that Coconut oil kind of gets the choecolates to be solid at room temp because it is solid at room tem and has a high melting point.
        Would you use 50% cocoa powder/50% cocoabutter (or coconut oil)?.
        I was thinking of initially using 30% cocoa powder, 30% cocoa butter and 30% coconut oil and mix them in a bowl sitting in some hot water to melt the ingredients beloww 100 deg F.

        Thanks
        Steve

        --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, Judy <vegwriter@...> wrote:

        > Just mix them all together, pour into an ice cube tray or candy mold, cover
        > and refrigerate for a few minutes. But you don't need to use BOTH cacao
        > butter AND coconut oil. Either one will do the trick.
        >
        > Judy
        > author
        > The Little e-Book of Raw Vegan Holiday Recipes
        >
        > I highly recommend:
        > The ultimate raw food certification program!
        > http://www.eventbrite.com/event/501703609/rawcert/3640085474
        >

        > On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 6:45 AM, kefir_king <kefir_king@...> wrote:
        >

        > > Hi
        > > Can anyone help with a Raw Chocolate recipe using Cocoa Powder, Cocoa
        > > Butter, Virgin Coconut Oil and Argave Syrup
        > >
        > > Many Thanks
        > > Steve

      • Judy
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2010
          I would use 1/3 cacao, 1/3 coconut oil OR cacao butter and 1/3 sweetener.

          If your room temperature is more than 76 F the chocolate will melt if it's
          made with coconut oil.

          Judy
          editor/founder
          www.RawFoodsNewsMagazine.com