Raw Chocolates-Any Recipes

  • kefir_king
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2010
      Hi
      Can anyone help with a Raw Chocolate recipe using Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Virgin Coconut Oil and Argave Syrup

      Many Thanks
      Steve
    • Judy
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2010
        Just mix them all together, pour into an ice cube tray or candy mold, cover
        and refrigerate for a few minutes. But you don't need to use BOTH cacao
        butter AND coconut oil. Either one will do the trick.

        Judy
        author
        The Little e-Book of Raw Vegan Holiday Recipes

        I highly recommend:
        The ultimate raw food certification program!
        http://www.eventbrite.com/event/501703609/rawcert/3640085474

        On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 6:45 AM, kefir_king <kefir_king@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        > Can anyone help with a Raw Chocolate recipe using Cocoa Powder, Cocoa
        > Butter, Virgin Coconut Oil and Argave Syrup
        >
        > Many Thanks
        > Steve

      • kefir_king
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2010
          Hi Judy
          Thanks for the reply. I was told that Coconut oil kind of gets the choecolates to be solid at room temp because it is solid at room tem and has a high melting point.
          Would you use 50% cocoa powder/50% cocoabutter (or coconut oil)?.
          I was thinking of initially using 30% cocoa powder, 30% cocoa butter and 30% coconut oil and mix them in a bowl sitting in some hot water to melt the ingredients beloww 100 deg F.

          Thanks
          Steve

          --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, Judy <vegwriter@...> wrote:

          > Just mix them all together, pour into an ice cube tray or candy mold, cover
          > and refrigerate for a few minutes. But you don't need to use BOTH cacao
          > butter AND coconut oil. Either one will do the trick.
          >
          > Judy
          > author
          > The Little e-Book of Raw Vegan Holiday Recipes
          >
          > I highly recommend:
          > The ultimate raw food certification program!
          > http://www.eventbrite.com/event/501703609/rawcert/3640085474
          >

          > On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 6:45 AM, kefir_king <kefir_king@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Hi
          > > Can anyone help with a Raw Chocolate recipe using Cocoa Powder, Cocoa
          > > Butter, Virgin Coconut Oil and Argave Syrup
          > >
          > > Many Thanks
          > > Steve

        • Judy
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 3, 2010
            I would use 1/3 cacao, 1/3 coconut oil OR cacao butter and 1/3 sweetener.

            If your room temperature is more than 76 F the chocolate will melt if it's
            made with coconut oil.

            Judy
            editor/founder
            www.RawFoodsNewsMagazine.com